Ethereal

Jennie

When I received the text from my dad, I got nervous. We were still here in the garden when I decided that we should sleep already since we have some things to do in the morning.

"Baby, let's go upstairs so we can sleep early." She agreed by closing her book and stood up. She dusted off her clothes and pulled me up.

"Once we reach our bedroom, you can take a bath already. I'll get you your clothes. Okay?" She smiled at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Understood my bossy wife." She giggled after that. I pulled her closer, and I huskily whispered, "That's not me being bossy yet, baby girl, I'll let you experience it, no worries." I was satisfied when I saw her eyes turn big, and she was having a hard time coming up with something.

I chuckled. "Hahaha, go take a bath." She nodded and turned around. Before she can get away, I slap her butt. "Love! you are so naughty. " I laugh at her. "My bad, baby. I'm sorry, but you're butt is like talking to me and asking for a pat. I would ignore it the next time." I cheekily said. She just shaked her head and continued to walk towards our room.

My mood was dampened automatically when I took the path of going to dad's office. I knocked gently, and I heard that he's asking me to come in. "What is it, dad?"

"Hija, be careful tomorrow. Don't let Lisa get away from you. Whatever happens." Dad seriously asked me.

"That's the plan, dad, but why did something happen? Any progress?" Dad shaked his head sadly. "The guards told me that they noticed a black car in front of the gate. When they approached it, they said that the window turned down, enough to drop the crumpled paper and sped away. He's provoking us, Jennie. I don't, or he's that desperate to come here to get Lisa."

"What does the letter say?" I asked. Dad gets something from his drawer and gives me the zip lock with the paper on it. "You're not gonna like it, hija, when I read it. I wanted to find the mother fucker right away and beat the hell out of him." I looked at him while he says those words. And when he's finished, that's the time I get a glimpse of the letter.

 And when he's finished, that's the time I get a glimpse of the letter

The moment I read the letter, I wanted to hunt him right then. Dad saw how I was clenching the plastic. "Hija, I know what you are thinking, that's why I am asking you. Bring a couple of bodyguards tomorrow." I nodded. "Thank you, dad, for letting me and also for keeping it to Lisa. She doesn't need to know this. I don't want her to be scared, I am here, it's my job to protect her so let me be the one to be scared"

"You've grown so much, hija. I'm proud of you. Go ahead. Lisa might be looking for you." I nodded and hugged my dad. "We will capture him. I promise you that, sweetheart. " I nodded and walked away to go to my room.

I went to our walk-in closet first to get us some clothes. I expected Lisa to be finished already, but I heard giggling in our bathroom. When I open it, I see Lisa enjoying her bubble bath.