Continuation - 7

...

When I entered my home, I saw my lovely daughter sitting impatienly

When I entered my home, I saw my lovely daughter sitting impatienly. " How long have you been waiting, sweetie?"

She turned to look at me. Boringly. " Not too long, dad, but I'm kinda busy due to back to back meetings that I had." I looked at her and ready to scold her, but she beat me to it. "But don't worry, dad, I can manage. What do you want to discuss, by the way?"

Impatient as always, shaking my head. "Let's talk it over dinner, aren't you hungry?" She agreed and responded. "I'm famished. I think Rico is done preparing our food, Let's go."

We walked while discussing some business that she's handling. My daughter is a pride woman. She's only 24, but she already handled her mother's 2 boutiques. Nevertheless, I'm proud of her.

When we are seated, they start preparing our food

When we are seated, they start preparing our food. They served me seafood, while fillet mignon for my daughter. Her favorite as usual.

We ate silently but after a while she spoke

We ate silently but after a while she spoke. "I missed eating home cooked meals."

I answered her after swallowing my food. "You know that you can always visit me here so we can eat together. Or, I'll ask Rico if there's someone he can recommend to work with you. He/she will be stayed out chef, don't worry. I know you don't want someone hovering your home." .....
But that will change soon. I added internally.

She looked at me relief written on her face. "Oh yeah? That would be great. Thanks, dad. She sipped on her wine and looked at me again. What do you want to discuss, by the way?"

I cleaned my mouth, sipped a little on my wine, and looked at her directly. " Well, you will be married next week. Are we going to invite your colleagues?"

Shattered glasses can be heard and an abrupt movement from her chair when she stands up. "What the he'll dad, I am not ready to be married with Derek, I thought you don't like him?"

A big plastered on my face and signaled her to sit down. I agreed, sweetheart, "I don't like him. I'm glad that you accepted that. Wew. I am worrying for nothing."

She crossed her arms annoyingly while tapping her stilettos. "Then what are you saying? Don't do that to me, dad. I am not sure with Derek yet."

I looked at her proudly. " That's good to hear, sweetheart. It only means you are still on your right mind. Then, I added dramatically. " I didn't say you will be married to him. He's not deserving.

She keeps on looking at me and waiting to finish my big announcement. "You will be married to Lisa. My adorable daughter in law. " I finished with a big smile plastered on my face, and I think my eyes are twinkling.

"And who the hell is she? Dad, I'm not in the mood to play games with you. I'm in a relationship. Even though I am not ready to marry Derek, I will be married to someone I don't know, and especially I don't like!" She answered me shoutedly.

"Don't you dare shout at me, Ruby Jane. I know this is sudden and unexpected. But that doesn't give you the right to disrespect me." I take a deep breath before I continue."She is the one for you. Whether you like it or not. You will get married."

"Especially if you want to be the CEO of Kims Corporation."