Deciding factor - 8

Jennie

The kitten is mad

The kitten is mad. Hella mad. She did not expect her dad to set her up for this. I can't believe this. He will use the company for his request. Technically, it's not a request. It seems like he's decided already. I screamed internally. 

"Wow, dad, really you will use the company for your ridiculous announcement. What am I to you? A robot? Someone that you took care of, groom, and will once announce that I am set to be married? Do you still care about me? My future? And the fact that I don't know who the hell is that person. Let me just add dad, I'm straight.

Well, that's a lie, I had a few hookups with a girl, but dad doesn't need to know that. I added, but that's for my head only. I continue. "I will never be settled to someone who is totally stranger!"

The raging kitten spits like fire without any pause. Mr. Kim is about to butt in. However, the kitten screamed to stop him. 

"No, dad! You don't get to decide who I will marry. Stop this nonsense, will you?"

Mr. Kim approached her but remained distant if ever she would become ballistic. He is such a dramatic old man. "Hija, I know that you are shocked and clearly did not expect this will happen. But, this is for your own good. You will meet her, get to know each other, and fall in love together. How romantic, right. Like me and your mom."

"Dad, are you crazy? That's a stupid question because clearly, you are. Let me repeat myself. I WILL NOT MARRY HER OR WHOEVER YOU WANT ME TO MARRY!" 

The father and daughter are staring at each other, waiting for who will be defeated. The old man back down. Take his deep breath and said..

"If your decision is final, then mine as well. You will never get the Royal Group of company. And I will take care of the boutique from now on. I'm just fulfilling what your mother wishes when she's still alive. This is her request." He ended dramatically and sighed. He looked at her and slowly walked backward. 

Mr. Kim seems to hit her daughter's weak spot. Before he can leave..

"Don't you dare get my boutiques from me. And don't you dare say it's my mother wished. She never talked about this. Did you guys plan this?"  

She stared at her father and saw how sad he was. Is he acting? Shit! I cursed in my head. I think I don't have any choice. 

She opens her mouth to say the words that will definitely make the old man happy. "I want to meet her first, and I will set a condition."

Mr. Kim smiled like he won as Mr. Universe. "I.. we will meet her tomorrow." Her father said. 

She looked at him, nodding. "Okay, let's meet at the location.  Send me the details.

When she saw how big her father smiled, she added. "I'm doing this for my lste mother's wishes."

Smiling, he answered, "Of course. Of course. Sure. You're a great daughter. Brat, yes, but lovely daughter." His final statement. 

Mr. Kim didn't intend to say that she specifically needs to marry Lisa. What he only meant is. She needs to be settled to someone who will love her unconditionally. Who will do her best to make him believe that he did not make any mistake choosing the person. But Mr Kim refused to explain further. She may change her mind.

"Okay, hija. I'll see you tomorrow. I'll email the details. Okay?" He's about to pour some wine. "Btw, would you like to stay for tonight?"

I looked at him for one last time while arranging my purse. "No need, dad. I need to list down all the conditions that I may have. Goodnight, Father." Pecked his cheek and left.

This will be a long night..