Chapter 42: Stay Behind Me (Megans PoV)

I stood there, and I just seemed to stare for some time. As it was that I did my best to act as calm as I felt like I could do as I did so. As I did in fact just seem to stare at the wall that was in fact right in front of me.
I was not sure as to just what it was that I was really thinking. As I did in fact just seem to me lost in a train of empty thoughts. As it was that I did in fact just seem to speak to my self quietly, as I knew it was the case.
"Come on Megan... Wake up... There is still so much I need to do..." I did in fact just seem to tell my self. As it was that I knew that what it was that I had in fact just said to my self. That was in fact the truth, at that.
Just as soon as it was that I did in fact realize that it was the case. And I had in fact done my best to act as calm as I felt like I could do in the mean time. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to go.
And I did in fact just seem to look at Westley, at that. As he seemed to be doing the same as I had been. As he did in fact not seem to want to get his eyes on me at all.
I kind of felt a little bit hurt as to the fact that it was the case. As it was that it didn't seem like he wanted any thing to do with me lately. As it was that I did in fact just seem to speak to my self just as I had thought on that.
"I am sure it is nothing... Maybe I should take to him about it... If I really am that worried..." I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As I did in fact have my eyes wide, just as soon as it was that I had said as to just what it was that I had said.
I knew that it was a smart move that I should in fact make. But at the same time as well, I kind of felt a bit too scared to do so. Even though I knew that he was in fact my boy friend, all at once.
I knew that it should not be the case at all. As I knew that we did in fact not have a toxic relationship. As it was that I did in fact just seem to dip my head a bit low to the ground.
Just as soon as it was that I had done as such a thing like that. I then heard foot steps, as well as voices, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I turned my head and listened as to just what Zander had to say.
"Alright every body... We are going to be on land for a day or so... Paul has some things he has to do..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well, at that.
Just as soon as it was that he had said as to just what he had said. That was when the others that were in fact around us, all at once. Did in fact just seem to have their eyes grow wide.
A few of them did in fact almost seem to be afraid. As one of them who seemed to have been that way. Did in fact just seem to speak up, all at the exact same time too.
"But we haven't left Rome yet... They could still be on our trail, and they could still be looking for us..." I did in fact just seem to hear Millie say, all of the sudden.
Just as soon as it was that she had said as to just what she had said. I did in fact just seem to see a few of the others nod, at that. As it was clear that they agreed with what she had said.
I felt like she had a very fair point, as I did in fact just seem to shiver. And I did in fact begin to start to hear the voice of Paul speak. As he responded to just what it was that Millie had said in some fear.
"Yes... We are still in Rome... But there is no curfew, and less people know our names and faces out here... We will be fine, and we need some more supplies any ways... We have been lucky so far, believe it or not..." He did in fact just seem to say.
As it was that he squinted his eyes at all of us, all at once. As it was that he did his best to act as calm as he felt like he could do. As it was that it was clear that he was still a little bit worried him self, at that.
As it was that I had just seemed to stare in to his eyes. That was when it was that I heard the voice of Knox. As it was that it seemed like he wanted to speak up all of the sudden.
"Well... Any one that wants to go with him be my guest... But I think I will stay on the boat and protect Jesus..." He did in fact just seem to say. As if it was that he was acting like he was actually trying to protect him.
And it was not just the simple fact that he was scared to go with Paul. As it was that I kind of rolled my eyes as to just what he had said. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to hear a door open all of the sudden.
Every one turned their head on over to the door, at that. As there showed the fact of Jesus, all at once. As he seemed to go and speak up to us all just as soon as he came in to the room.
"Well... You can protect Mary I suppose... But I am going with Paul..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he looked right at Knox just as he had said that.
As it was clear that he had heard what he had said from the other room. As he did in fact have his eyes squinted at Knox as he had said that. As I saw that Knox had his eyes wide, as he seemed like he could care less.
It was clear that the only person that he was trying to protect was him self. As it was that I kind of once again rolled my eyes knowing it was the case. As it was that I then did in fact get my focus off of Knox, all of the sudden.
I then did in fact just seem to get my eyes back on to Paul in stead. As it was that I heard him seeming to speak in a worried voice. As it was that I then did in fact begin to listen as to just what ever it was that he had to say, all of the sudden.
"I don't know if that is such a good idea my friend... Just because it is safer out here doesn't mean there still isn't a bounty on your head..." He did in fact just seem to say to Jesus, all at the exact same time too.
As it was clear to me that much unlike Knox was trying to do. Paul was actually trying to protect his friend. As it was that I knew that what he had said had made sense.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I could. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to see Jesus shake his head back at Paul. And he also once again began to speak back to him.
"This isn't your decision to make... I am coming with you, and that is final..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he had his eyes squinted at Paul as he had said that.
Paul seemed to have his eyes wide in a bit of some surprise. As it was that he did in fact seem to want to say some thing back to Jesus. But he seemed to decide against it in stead, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that it had in fact just seemed to have been the case. Paul then did in fact seem to dip his head a little bit low to the ground. And he then did in fact begin to simply go and speak back to him one more time.
"Fine... You can come with us... Who else wants to come? I could use some help carrying some supplies..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he had a serious look on his face just as he had said that.
As it was that he had said as to just what he had said to us all. That was when it was that I immediately heard the voice of Zander. As it was clear that he was going to be the first one to chime in.
"I will come... I will help..." He did in fact just seem to say. As I looked at him just as soon as it was that he had in fact said that. As it was clear that he had not really meant that towards Paul what so ever.
I saw that he had his eyes wide as he stared at Jesus. As it was clear that he was also trying to protect him, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I did in fact do my best to act as calm as I felt like I could.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. In the end, I did in fact just seem to hear another voice go and speak up. As it was that I looked at Cole, just as it was that he had done such a thing.
"I can carry the most... So there is no reason for me to stay on the boat... I will come with you..." He did in fact just seem to say. As he also had a serious look on his face, just as it was that he had in fact said that.
As soon as it was that it had in fact just seemed to have been the case. That was when it was that I heard a moment of some silence. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to see that it was, all of the sudden.
That Paul was in fact starting to head towards the steps. And that he was in fact about to get ready to leave the boat with the others. As it was that he then did in fact begin to go and speak up to us all, one last time.
"If that is all that wants to come with us... Let's go ahead and go on our way..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As he looked right at the group that had asked to come with him.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. I then saw them go and nod back to him. As it was that Paul then did in fact go and start to head up the steps, all at the exact same time as well.
Just as soon as it was that I was about to lose sight of him. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to get up from my chair. And I seemed to go and start to speak up for what ever reason or another.
"Wait! Wait for me! I want to go and help!" I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too. As it was that I did in fact do my best to try to act as calm as I felt like I could do.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact said as to just what I had said. That was when it was that I saw the face of Paul, all at once. As he then just seemed to stop and look back at me, all at the exact same time too.
I saw a huge smile on his face as well, as he did so. As it was that he then did in fact just seem to go and nod back to me, all at once. And he also then began to go and speak to me, all at the exact same time too.
"Wonderful! You better hurry then!" He did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time as well. As it was that he then once again turned his head away from me.
Just as soon as it was that he had done as such a thing like that. And I saw that there was a surpirsed look from the group of my friends. That was when it was that I then did in fact just seem to see them look away.
As it was that they went back as to just what they were doing before. As it was that I was just about to go and join Cole and Zander. When it was that some one seemed to stick their arm out and try to stop me.
I was a little bit lost as to just what it was that was going on. As it was that I did in fact just seem to get upset. And I then began to speak to who ever it was that had done that.
"Hey! What are you doing? Let me go!" I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that though I had not meant to be that loud, at that. It was clear that I was in fact making a little bit of a scene, all at once.
Just as soon as it was that I had in fact just seemed to have done so. And I did in fact seem to look at who it was that was trying to stop me. I then saw that to no surprise to me at all, at that. That the person was in fact Westley, all at the exact same time too.
"Wait! What are you doing Megan! This isn't like you!" He did in fact just seem to say to me. As he seemed to be quite a bit shocked, all at once. And he did in fact seem to be surprised with just what it was that I was doing.
As it was that he did in fact just seem to stare at me for a little while longer. In the end, I once again just seemed to shake my head back at him. And I then did in fact begin to simply speak back to him as well.
"Why are you all of the sudden getting so defensive? You haven't cared what I have done before now... I want to help! Is there a problem with that?" I did in fact just seem to say, all at the exact same time too.
As it was that I saw that every one that was at the table with us. That they all did in fact seem to be quite a bit uncomfortable with what was going on, at that. As it was clear that it was making Westley feel uncomfortable as he noticed it was the case.
He seemed to do his best to try to act as calm as he felt like he could. As in the end, he then also began to shake his head back at me. And he then did in fact begin to go and speak back to me, as well.
"I don't want you to go Megan... There could be some real trouble out there... Just leave it to the men..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact have a serious look on his face just as he had said that.
As it was that he had said as to just what he had said. That was when it did in fact remind me of the old Westley. Though it was not in the good way, all at the exact same time too.
It made me feel even more upset as to the fact that I knew what he was getting at, at that. As to the fact that he always told me that men were stronger than women. As it was that I then did in fact all of the sudden begin to speak back to him.
"Oh... If you are so worried about that, than why aren't you going? Seems like I am more of a man than you..." I did in fact just seem to say. As it was that I was a bit surprised by just what it was that I had said back to him my self.
As I knew that usually when I got angry with him. I just stayed silent, all at the exact same time too. But that was not the case this time, as it was that it was clear that Westley was a little bit embarrassed.
As it was that he seemed to dip his head a bit low to the ground. That was when it was that I heard the voice of Upton all of the sudden. As it was that he did in fact just seem to go and speak up, all at once, at that.
"Westley... Let her go... This is her choice..." He did in fact just seem to say, all of the sudden. As it was clear that Upton was in fact defending me, all at once.
As I seemed to be thankful as to the fact that it was the case. As I then did in fact go right on ahead and simply just seem to nod. And I then did in fact just seem to go and smile back at him, all of the sudden.
Westley still seemed to be a bit upset as to the fact that it was the case. But it was clear that he was listening as to what Upton had said. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to feel him let go of me.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case, all at once. I then did in fact just seem to nod back to all of them, at that. And I then did in fact just seem to speak back to Upton, all at the exact same time too.
"Thank you Upton..." I did in fact just seem to say, all of the sudden. As it was that I did in fact have a serious look on my face as I had said that. As it was that I then did in fact just seem to see him smile back at me.
Just as it was that he had done as such a thing like that, all at once. He then did in fact begin to turn his head away, all at once. As just as he did such a thing like that, I then did the same thing that he had.
As it was that I then did in fact begin to simply seem to go. And I then did in fact begin to head up the steps in which it was. That I knew that the others were waiting for me at the upper deck, all of the sudden.
Just as it was that I had went on to the first step. That was when it was that I heard the voice of Westley. As I sighed, just as soon as it was that I did in fact just seem to listen as to what ever it was that he had to say.
"I love you Megan... Please take care of your self and protect your self..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he had his eyes wide, as he was serious with just what he had said.
Normally I felt like it would make me feel a bit better. And I felt like it would make me blush as to just what it was that he had said to me. Especially since it was that we were in front of the others, at that.
But I felt like I could care less this time, all at once. As it was that I did in fact just seem to simply go and nod back to him, at that. And I then did in fact begin to start to go and walk up, speaking to my self as I did so.
"Yeah... Like you care now?" I did in fact just seem to say, all at once. As it was that I did in fact kind of feel a little bit bad just as I had said that. As I knew that I was wrong for saying as to just what I had said.
As it was that I knew that he did in fact truly love me. And that I was lucky to get a man as great as he was. When it was that I knew as much of an introvert that I happened to me.
As it was that I had just seemed to have thought on all of that. That was when it was that I did in fact just seem to do my best to clear my thoughts. And I then did in fact just seem to get to the top of the upper deck.
Just as soon as it was that I was in fact up there with the others. That was when it was that I did in fact just seem to hear the voice of Zander. As it was that it seemed like he was going to go and speak up, at that.
"Wouldn't it be smart for us to just lay back and rest? It is kind of getting a bit late... The sun is going to pass by at any point now..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at once.
As it was that he had in fact said as to just what he had said. He did in fact just seem to point towards the horizon line, at that. As it was that he did in fact have quite a bit of a fair point on the fact that he had said that.
As it was that he had said as to just what it was that he had said. That was when it was that I then did in fact get my eyes on to Paul. As it was that he seemed to be fine, and he seemed to some how be calm, at that.
Just as soon as it was that I noticed that it was in fact the case, at that. That was when it was that I then also began to see him shake his head back at Zander, at that. As it was that he went and spoke back to him, as well.
"No... It is better for us to be out in the dark... Less likely for us to get spotted from the other people..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact have a serious look on his face just as it was that he had said that.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. In the end, I then did in fact just seem to nod back to him, all at once. As I knew that what he had said had in fact made sense.
Just as it was that I had seemed to have calmed my self down. That was when it was that I then did in fact begin to start to hear the voice of Jesus. As it was that he then did in fact begin to start to speak up, at that.
"None of that matters... For I have prayed to our father... And he has let me know that we will be safe... So we can journey ahead... And we can get what we need..." He did in fact just seem to say, all at once.
As it was that he did in fact have a serious look on his face. Just as soon as it was that he had in fact said as to what he had said. As it was that I did in fact just seem to shiver just as it was that he had said that.
I was not all too sure as to just what it was that he had said. And I did in fact even seem to notice that Paul had his doubts. As it was that I did in fact just seem to see that he had his head a bit low to the ground.
He just seemed to stare below him for just a little bit longer. Until in the end, he then began to go and just seem to speak. As I once again did in fact listen as to just what ever it was that he had to say.
"Any ways... None of that really matters right now... The only thing that does matter to us... Is that we need to go and get the supplies..." He did in fact just seem to say. As it was that he did in fact now have a serious look on his face just as he had said that.
Just as soon as it was that it had in fact just been the case. And he did in fact seem to look at all of us just as it was that he had said that. That was when it was that I then began to hear the voice of Zander speak up.
"Well... If that is being so... Than you can go ahead and lead us to where ever we need to be..." He did in fact just seem to say, at that. As it was that he did in fact have a serious look on his face as he had said that.
As soon as it was that Paul had heard as to just what Zander had said. That was when it was that he did in fact blink his eyes a few times at first. And he then did in fact begin to simply nod back to him, all at once.
Just as soon as it was that he had done as such a thing like that. That was when it was that he then began to turn his head around. And he then began to also go and speak, all at the exact same time too, at that.
"Very well... I will guide the path... You all just need to stay behind me..."