Chapter 12

The next day Namjoon checked local hospitals to see if a person came in with a missing left hand. The search at the hospitals was a dead end because no one came in with the description of a chopped off hand. Namjoon went to Jimin and J-Hope to identify the hand. Namjoon must rely on them to help solve this case while Taehyung was resting.

Namjoon: Good morning Jimin and J-Hope. Can you tell me anything about the hand?

Jimin: Good morning. Yes, we have some information for you. The left hand was cut off by someone with no medical training. As you can see here along the edges it is not a smooth cut. It seems that the person who removed the hand was in a hurry.

Namjoon: What do you mean?

Jimin: The angle here seems to me to be that the person who cut off this hand is the owner of the hand.

Namjoon: Why would anyone want to cut off their own hand?

Jimin: I don't know.

J-Hope: Also, the little blood that I did get from the hand had some traces of cocaine when the hand was cut off. It seems that the person was using it in hopes of not feeling any pain.

Namjoon: This is mind blowing. Were you able to run fingerprints?

J-Hope: Yes, they belong to Jason Lin.

Namjoon: Are you serious?

J-Hope: Yes. The hand belongs to Jason Lin.

Namjoon: (In disbelief sighed). Okay thanks guys.

Jimin: How is Taehyung?

Namjoon: He is doing okay. He should be returning soon.

Namjoon returned to the station to give Min Yoongi the information he had received from Jimin and J-Hope. Min Yoongi has not been well since someone delivered a package with a severed hand. There was no letter attached to the package. It makes no sense at all. If Ming sent the package there should be a letter boasting about his love for his work in the art of killing. Namjoon walks into Min Yoongi's office.

Min Yoongi: Ah, Namjoon perfect timing. I was about to look at the security footage. What did you find out from the examiner?

Namjoon: Sir, the hand belongs to Lin.

Min Yoongi: What?!

Namjoon: Yes, and there were traces of cocaine in the hand. Also, it appears that Lin did this to himself.

Min Yoongi: What the hell is going on? This case is getting crazier by the second. We have a psycho killing people that we don't know what he looks like. A right-hand man who literally only has a right hand left, and we don't know where he is! Ugh!!!

Namjoon: I agree, sir. All of this is not adding up. Ming has gotten his revenge on Ghost. But he is not done with us. And he knows that he has the advantage, because we do not know what he looks like.

Min Yoongi: That is true. We must figure out how to get ahead of him. He is going to slip up and we need to be there to catch him. Come on, let's look at the surveillance and see what we can find.

While Min Yoongi and Namjoon watched the footage, they saw a man in an officer's uniform 20 minutes before the three of them arrived back at the station. The "officer" in questioned was carrying a package into Min's office showing that the left hand of the man was hidden from view. And when the man turned around, he looked up directly into the camera and it was Lin himself delivering the hand.