Chapter 28

Therapist: Good morning to you both. I'm glad that you've made it.

Min Yoongi: Yes, we just want to get this done so we can return to work.

Therapist: I understand trust me this is not my first rodeo with officers eager to return to work.

Taehyung: How long are our sessions?

Therapist: Well, that depends on how much you need to get off your chest. Sometimes half an hour and sometimes an hour.

Taehyung: Ok.

Therapist: Shall I start with you?

Taehyung: Why?

Therapist: Because I can see that you have been crying before you came in here. (Min Yoongi looks at Taehyung). Your eyes are puffy. What's on your mind? What made you cry?

Taehyung: Umm... while we were held captive, I didn't know that my partner left me. It wasn't until we were found that I learned that he was gone. (Trying to hold back tears as Min Yoongi put his arm around Taehyung's shoulders).

Therapist: Did he think that you have left him? Was he ever contacted on your disappearance?

Taehyung: No. I was transferred here, and we were new to this area. I did not get the opportunity to properly introduce him.

Therapist: Oh, I see. Have you tried to reconnect with him and explain the situation?

Taehyung: No, I cannot... (takes a deep breath) I cannot get a hold of him.

Therapist: Hmm... the timing of this and the ordeal that you two have been through is overwhelming to even process. Like, where do I begin to heal from the trauma from my captors and the loss of a relationship where I can clearly see in your eyes that you loved him very much. (Taehyung nodding as tears fall from his eyes).

Min Yoongi: This has not been easy for both of us. We had no idea what our captors wanted from us, and we did not know that we were missing that long.

Therapist: Did your captors say anything to you while you were in their capture?

Min Yoongi: They mostly beat us. They were laughing while taking turns torturing us.

Therapist: My God.

Taehyung: They were also bragging about killing several of our officers as they bragged about killing the victims in the case. How smart that they were to stay ahead of us in the investigation. All this was, was a game to them. They live in a sick world.

Therapist: I understand. I do not know much about your captors because I am still waiting on their files. I think this is a good stopping point for today. Let's meet again tomorrow and if you feel that tomorrow is too soon, then we can reschedule it.

Min Yoongi: Thank you, doctor.

Taehyung: Yes, thank you, sir.

Therapist: My pleasure. You two have a good day.

When Min Yoongi and Taehyung walked out of the office, Min Yoongi pulled Taehyung close to him to whisper in his ear.

Min Yoongi: This session sucks! (Taehyung chuckling a little with a smile). I know this has been hard on you and you are not alone. We will talk more tonight. Ok?

Taehyung: Yes.

Min Yoongi: I will be there at 6pm.

Taehyung: Ok, see you then.