Chapter 16

When Namjoon and Taehyung arrived at the warehouse of the first crime scene, they noticed that the crime scene tape had been removed and there were tire tracks as well leading to the warehouse doors. Namjoon and Taehyung approached the doors and made their way into the warehouse. Namjoon told Taehyung that he would search on the right side. Taehyung proceeded to search on the left carefully looking down and around. As Taehyung got near the back, he heard a loud scream and immediately turned around to find Namjoon.

When Taehyung found Namjoon, he was injured badly. Taehyung called for an ambulance and backup to the location. Taehyung saw that it was a booby trap in the floor where Namjoon stepped. There were six spikes that went into Namjoon's feet. Four went into the right foot and two went into the left foot. Namjoon was wailing in pain and Taehyung tried to calm him down. As Taehyung continued to call for help and backup, he heard on the radio that there was an explosion at the location of the second crime scene. Taehyung got a response that the ETA was 15 minutes.

Taehyung heard Namjoon yell, "Lookout!" When Taehyung turned around it was Lin with a pipe ready to strike him. Taehyung dodged the first swing of the pipe, but Lin continued to swing. Taehyung managed to punch Lin several times and Lin fought back intensely. Namjoon tried his best to get up to help Taehyung, but he could not because of the amount of pain he was in. Namjoon pulled out his gun and was trying to aim at Lin but was having trouble trying not to hit Taehyung. When Lin knocked Taehyung to the ground, Namjoon fired a shot and it hit Lin in the shoulder. However, Lin pulled out a gun and shot Namjoon in the chest.

When Taehyung got up to attack Lin, Lin hit him on the head with the gun knocking him out. When backup and the ambulance came Lin and Taehyung were gone. The paramedics quickly got to Namjoon and took him to the hospital. When Namjoon arrived, he was taken to surgery. After several hours of surgery, Namjoon was brought to recovery to rest. When Namjoon woke up, he saw that his legs were in a cast up to his knees. There was an officer in the room with him and the officer got the nurse. Namjoon tried to sit up, but the nurse told him not to move and adjusted his bed for him.

Namjoon: What happened?

Officer: You were brought to the hospital after the call for backup came from Detective Kim Taehyung. You were shot in the chest and your feet were severely damaged.

Namjoon: Where is Taehyung? Did we find Min Yoongi?

Officer: Detective Taehyung is missing.

Namjoon: What?! (Grunting in pain)

Officer: We did not find Min Yoongi either. The other crime scene was destroyed, and six officers died while 10 were injured.

Namjoon: Oh God, no!!

Officer: We did find traces of blood belonging to both Detective Taehyung and Min Yoongi. The forensic units processed the crime scenes. You were asleep sir for 3 weeks.

Namjoon: What? Three weeks? (Grunting)

Officer: Yes, sir. We are still looking for them and nothing new so far. I can keep you posted when I hear something new.

Namjoon: Thank you. (Clutching his hands on the blankets as the officer leaves).

The Commissioner send a couple of his men to check on Namjoon. The men informed him that they are doing the best that they can to find Min Yoongi and Taehyung alive hopefully. They are constantly searching for Lin and Ming, but so far, they do not have anything to go on. They have people working around the clock to find all four men.

The doctor came into Namjoon's room when the men left. The doctor informed Namjoon that his road to recovery would not be an easy road. There was a possibility with all the damage that his feet have experienced that he would not be able to walk properly. The nerve damage that was caused by the spikes was permanent. Namjoon became even more upset and angry that he was in no position to help find Min Yoongi and Taehyung. Even more so, he knew that his career as a detective was over.