Chapter 43

When Ivan returns to the house with several bags of groceries, he sees Jin and Namjoon frozen stiff.

Ivan: What is going on? Why do guys look like you've seen a ghost? (silence) Guys? (Slams the door to get their attention) Why aren't you guys answering?!

Jin: Sorry, Ivan. There was another breaking news report that just... just left us speechless.

Ivan: What was the report about?

Namjoon: They have solved the case of the murdered Commissioner.

Ivan: Really? Why did he kill the Commissioner?

Jin: The Commissioner was blackmailing him, and he decided he had enough and took matters into his own hands.

Ivan: Blackmail? The Commissioner was corrupt?

Namjoon: Based on the news report, yes, he was corrupt. (Deep sigh) I need a drink.

Jin: Get me one too.

Ivan: I guess, I will cook dinner.

Min Yoongi saw Namjoon's text message but didn't respond because he is worried about Ethan's night terrors. He remembers the doctors informing him that Ethan's night terrors were from the abuse of trauma that he suffered. It will take some time, but occasionally the terrors can return unexpectedly. As Min Yoongi and Ethan finished their dinner, his phone rang.

Min Yoongi: Hello?

Namjoon: Sir, it's me.

Min Yoongi: How is it going? I got your message, sorry; I was occupied at the time.

Namjoon: It's ok. I was worried about how the investigation would turn out.

Min Yoongi: Yes, I saw the news report. (Ethan goes upstairs) Have you heard anything else from Jimin?

Namjoon: No, not since this afternoon after he picked me up from the hospital. Those flowers were beautiful that you sent to the hospital.

Min Yoongi: Flowers? What flowers?

Namjoon: Sir, there were flowers in Taehyung's room and the card had your name on it.

Min Yoongi: (Feeling uneasy) Namjoon, I did not send any flowers to Taehyung.

Namjoon: Oh, shit. Who in the hell sent them with your name on it?

Min Yoongi: Call everyone and see if they send the flowers. I am on my way to the hospital. I will call you back shortly.

Namjoon: Yes, sir. (Hangs up)

Min Yoongi goes upstairs.

Min Yoongi: Ethan, are you awake?

Ethan: Yes, I was about to call it a night. Dad, what's wrong?

Min Yoongi: I need to the hospital...

Ethan: (Gasping) Dad, are you ok?

Min Yoongi: I'm fine. I'm going to check on a friend for a friend. Are you ok being by yourself for a little while?

Ethan: How long is a little while?

Min Yoongi: Maybe an hour.

Ethan: An hour? I will stay up and wait for you.