Chapter 45

When Min Yoongi arrived home, he found Ethan curled up in a ball in the corner.

Min Yoongi: Son, I'm here, please tell me what's wrong.

Ethan: (Slowly lifting his head to look at Min Yoongi with red eyes) Dad, I fell asleep and had another nightmare.

Min Yoongi: What was it about my son? (Holding Ethan close)

Ethan: I dreamt that I was back in that prison where he would torture me for what felt like days. I heard his voice and how he was enjoying himself because I was in pain. I have no idea how long I was down there. There was nothing but darkness in the room until...

Min Yoongi: Until what, son?

Ethan: I saw his face. He forced himself on me repeatedly. (Shaking)

Min Yoongi: Son, I'm sorry that I was not here for you.

Ethan: Dad?

Min Yoongi: Yes.

Ethan: Three weeks.

Min Yoongi: Three weeks?

Ethan: I want to meet my family in three weeks. Until that time dad, I am going to need you more.

Min Yoongi: Ok, son. I will call Uncle Namjoon and tell him to set up a dinner gathering three weeks from now for everyone to meet you. I'm so proud of you, son.

Ethan: Thanks, dad. (While holding Ethan, Min Yoongi pulls out his phone and calls Namjoon)

Namjoon: Hello.

Min Yoongi: It's me.

Namjoon: Sir, what is going on? I am alone.

Min Yoongi: I need you to prepare a dinner gathering for everyone three weeks from now.

Namjoon: A dinner? Three weeks?

Min Yoongi: Yes, a dinner in three weeks. It will allow Taehyung enough time to recover and be there.

Namjoon: Ok, where do you what to have dinner?

Min Yoongi: Where to have dinner? Is Jin's place big enough for everyone?

Namjoon: Yes, Jin has plenty of room.

Min Yoongi: Good. It will be perfect to explain everything to everyone at the same time.

Namjoon: Yes, sir. Is there anything else you need?

Min Yoongi: Yes, I will be occupied for the next three weeks. I will visit Taehyung in the mornings at least twice a week until he is released.

Namjoon: Ok that sounds like a good plan.

Min Yoongi: Thank you, Namjoon. Goodbye.

Namjoon: Bye, sir.

Three weeks have passed, and Taehyung was released from the hospital one week after waking up. Namjoon helped Taehyung in relearning how to walk again with physical therapy. Namjoon told everyone that Min Yoongi wanted to have a dinner gathering soon after he got off the phone with Min Yoongi. Min Yoongi kept his word by visiting Taehyung until he was released. He also made sure that he was by Ethan's side as he continued to go to therapy. Ethan has been doing much better and is looking forward to meeting his new family. Min Yoongi is excited as well and is looking forward to the family dinner to show off his son.

Jin had everything ready and Ivan set up the tables. Jimin and J-Hope both took the day off to be with everyone. Everyone is eager to hear the reasons why Min Yoongi has left. Namjoon and Taehyung arrived and greeted everyone.

Namjoon: Good evening, guys. Min Yoongi is not here yet?

Jimin: No, not yet. How are you, Taehyung?

Taehyung: I am doing better. I miss my own bed.

Namjoon: I know the feeling. (Light chuckle and phone rings) Hello?

Min Yoongi: Hey, it's me.

Namjoon: Min Yoongi, hey everyone is here getting ready to sit.

Min Yoongi: I will be there in a few minutes.

Namjoon: Ok, you will be arriving in a few minutes. We will see you soon.

Min Yoongi: Ah, Namjoon!

Namjoon: Yes.

Min Yoongi: Meet me at the door to let me in.

Namjoon: Ok, I will let you in.

As everyone sat down at the table, Namjoon waited outside for Min Yoongi. Once he saw Min Yoongi parked his car, Namjoon's smile grew wider and wider. He was happy to Min Yoongi, but his smile changes when he saw someone with Min Yoongi.

Namjoon: Sir...

Min Yoongi: Namjoon, this is my surprise and the reason why I was gone a long time. This is my son. Ethan this is Namjoon.

Ethan: Nice to meet you. (Namjoon stood there frozen)

Namjoon: Son? Oh, wow.

Min Yoongi: Yes, and I wanted to introduce him to everyone when he was ready.

Namjoon: Come on in. (Whispering) Jesus.

Namjoon walked in the dining room first and sat down to have a drink before anyone started eating. All were looking at him until Min Yoongi got everyone's attention.

Min Yoongi: Everyone, I know I have a lot of explaining to do, but first I want to address why I left the way that I did and what kept me away from you all for a while. I left to seek out closure with everything that has happened. (Everyone listening closely) I have found that closure and in the process of getting closure, I got a son.

Everyone in unison expect Namjoon: A son?

Min Yoongi: Yes, and I kept him hidden from you all until he was ready to meet everyone. He has been through a lot just like we all have with the Li's case. My son is here, and I will introduce him now. Ethan, come here please.

Ethan: (Shyly) Hi, everyone. (Everyone except Namjoon gasped)

Taehyung: Son? Jungkook?

Jungkook: Hi, honey. (Tears coming down his face sniffling, Taehyung ran towards him and hugged him)

Taehyung: Jungkook! You're alive?! (Crying and holding him)

Jungkook: (Crying) Yes! I missed you!

Taehyung: I thought you... were dead! Min Yoongi...

Min Yoongi: I made a promise to you, Taehyung, that I would find Jungkook and bring him back to you. I kept my promise. (Everyone at the table were crying)

Taehyung: How (clears his throat) how did you find him?

Min Yoongi: Han told me how to find him.

Taehyung: Han?

Min Yoongi: Yes. Please sit down and I will tell you. I went back to the original crime scene with blueprints on the building. I discovered that there was a secret room that was not searched at the time of the murders. I searched the room and there Han left a notebook. In the notebook, he left me a letter and I have the letter with me. I am going to read it to you.