Chapter 13

Namjoon arrived at the station and met Min Yoongi in his office.

Min Yoongi: Namjoon, Taehyung will be returning early tomorrow.

Namjoon: Really?

Min Yoongi: Yes, I need you both on this and he will be doing light duty.

Namjoon: I understand.

Min Yoongi: Also, there was an emergency call made to the station not too long ago about a body being found near the same location where the victims were found.

Namjoon: Another body? Has the body been identified?

Min Yoongi: No, but there was a letter attached to the body. Go to the scene and see what you can learn.

Namjoon: Right away.

Namjoon went down to the scene and to his surprise the victim was Glen Li. He was not dismembered like his daughter and grandsons. He was beaten to death and from the looks of it the weapon of choice may have been a bat or pipe. J-Hope was at the scene and gave Namjoon the letter. The letter was from Ming.

J-Hope: The body has been here for at least six hours, and I will give you more information once I get him on the table.

Namjoon went back to the station.

Namjoon: Sir.

Min Yoongi: Yes.

Namjoon: You are not going to believe this.

Min Yoongi: What?

Namjoon: The victim was Glen Li and J-Hope would call as soon as he gets done with the autopsy.

Min Yoongi: The victim's father?

Namjoon: Yes. Everything that Jin found out makes a connection. The victims to Ghost, Ghost to Lin, Lin to Ming, Ming to Amber's father.

Min Yoongi: Amber's parents never mentioned any kind of connection to Ghost when you and Taehyung first met them?

Namjoon: No, the father lied about the relationship. He told us that the boys' father died of cancer.

Min Yoongi: It could very well be that the father did not want people to know about his daughter being connected to a drug dealer. But did you two question the father about the lie?

Namjoon: No, sir.

Min Yoongi: Why not? (Looking sternly).

Namjoon: We thought that once the DNA results proved that Ghost was the father, we didn't go back and asked the father.

Min Yoongi: You two should have followed up regardless. (Clicking his tongue).

Namjoon: Yes, we should have. Sorry sir. But Jin could have found the missing connection that Taehyung suspected in the beginning. That there was a hidden motive for the deaths of Amber and her sons.

Min Yoongi: The motive of killing Amber and her sons was to get revenge on both Ghost and her father.

Namjoon: Yes. Amber's father found out about the relationship between her and McKenzie. He had McKenzie dishonorably discharged to separate the two. McKenzie went into law enforcement with the perfect opportunity to make a living and use that resource to find Amber.

Min Yoongi: He thought that he could reunite with her, but Ghost got to her first.

Namjoon: Yes, but the incident that left him disfigured could be the reason why Jin suspects that he is Ming, because the MM brand drugs appeared shortly after that. There is no record of a name change and no current photos of what McKenzie looks like now.

Min Yoongi: God, I hate this case.

Namjoon: Here is the letter that was attached to the body. I haven't read it yet. I think we should read it together.

Min Yoongi takes the letter and begins to read it.

Hello Detectives,

I am sure by now I am pissing you off greatly by your lack of skills in finding me and my good man, Jason. I read in the paper that Detective Taehyung survived the explosion. What a guy? Anyway, I digress from the whole purpose of this letter. As you know, I killed my former colleague because the bastard found me before you idiots ever could. That's right, Detectives it took a selfish pole shoved up so far in his "RETIRED" Commander ass to find me! Well, I can tell you that he tried to put up a good fight, but me and my right-hand, Jason took him to the cleaners.

You see Detectives, he started his own investigation to track me down for what I did to Amber and her boys. He never could understand the relationship Amber and I had. It was passionate and real. Her father should never have come between us. He ruined my career and took her away from me. That was a big mistake and of course I took it personally and had to even the score. I thought I could get Amber back when I finally found her, but Ghost was in her life and that did not sit well with me.

Now, I know you guys think that I am crazy for having a relationship with a minor at the time. But love does not always make sense. As you can see, I know that you have information about my past and my former name. As I told you before, I have eyes and ears everywhere. And I know for a fact that you got my information from Detective Jin over in Narcotics. I have connections that you would not believe and made sure that Jin got all the information he could on me. You may be wondering why I would go through the trouble of handing information over to the cock sucking police to find me.

Well gentlemen, I think it is about time to end our cat and mouse game. And besides, who else am I going to kill to get some pleasure before you finally catch me? I killed Amber, the woman, I loved. I killed her sons, whom I did not give a damn about. I killed that backstabbing traitor, Ghost. And for the season finale, I killed the old man himself, who ruined my life. So, who can I add to this marvelous list that I have? How about a good-looking delicious man? He has strong muscles and can make any woman or man turn their heads.

A man that is still young and can handle himself if he should get into a fight. And oh, you know him too. Detective Jin's life taken by my hands would be a great accomplishment. Narc versus Narc in a battle to the end. By the way, as soon as Detective Jin dropped off your precious Detective Namjoon, who looks scrumptious by the way; was paid a sweet visit by my good man, Lin. That is right Detectives, I have one of your men and it is up to you to decide if he lives or dies. Tick tock, tick tock.

Namjoon and Min Yoongi got up and ran out of the station to head over to Narcotics. Namjoon called Jin, but there was no answer.