Chapter 29

Taehyung went to the hospital with Namjoon's favorite snacks from the bakery. When he walked in Namjoon's room, he was caught off guard.

Taehyung: Namjoon, what's going on?

Namjoon: I'm being discharged now. The nurse is bringing my papers and a wheelchair to wheel me out of here.

Taehyung: Well, that's great...

Namjoon: I need to see Min Yoongi. Can you take me to him?

Taehyung: Uhm... yeah, we have a session today...

Namjoon: Cancel the session. Get on the phone with Min Yoongi, we need to have a meeting now. (Nurse brings his papers and wheelchair. He also took the snacks out of Taehyung's hand and hummed while eating the snacks while Taehyung looked dumbfounded).

Taehyung called Min Yoongi while the nurse helped Namjoon into Jungkook's car. Once Namjoon was settled in, Taehyung drove to Namjoon's place to grab some clothes for him. After he gathered Namjoon's things, he drove to the safe house.

Min Yoongi called the therapist to reschedule the appointment and went to the safe house. He pulled in shortly after Taehyung and Namjoon and knocked on the door.

Min Yoongi: What's going on? Why the sudden meeting? Namjoon! It's great to see you outside of the hospital.

Namjoon: Yes, sir. I'm happy to be out, but this is urgent and that's why I asked Taehyung to call you to meet early.

Min Yoongi: Okay, what's the urgent news?

Namjoon: I know who the mole is at Narcotics.

Min Yoongi: Who is the mole?

Namjoon: The mole is Captain Brian Jung, the uncle of Chris Jung.

Min Yoongi and Taehyung: What?!

Namjoon: I have gone through the notes and Chris's journal. Chris mentioned that he and his uncle were blackmailed into the Ming Mason organization.

Taehyung: Did he say what the blackmail was? I don't recall seeing that.

Namjoon: Yes. According to his journal, Chris talked about the time where his uncle's brother committed suicide during the time where two boys were placed in temporary custody of a police officer, before being removed by child services. However, it wasn't suicide.

Min Yoongi: Are you serious?! My former partner is the captain of Narcotics' brother!

Namjoon: Yes, he is.

Taehyung: Jesus! What else did he say in the journal?

Namjoon: The real reason why Min Yoongi was never allowed to find the boys.

Min Yoongi: What? Why?

Namjoon: I quote, "It was determined that my uncle's brother had raped and tortured one of the boys in the temporary custody of his partner. A decision was made to protect his partner from the crimes that my uncle's brother committed. A private investigation revealed that not only were drugs and alcohol in his system; it was also determined that the gunshot wound to the head was not self-inflicted."

Taehyung: Wait a minute! Felix only said that he poisoned Min Yoongi's partner. He never did mention shooting him in the head!

Min Yoongi: That's right. Why would he leave out that part in telling us what he did?