Chapter 23

Taehyung drove them to the safe house. Before entering the house, they searched the perimeter first since the lights were off. When the perimeter was clear, Taehyung opened the door. They walked in the living room, he was about to turned on the lights, but Min Yoongi grabbed his hand.

Min Yoongi: Let's use our flashlights to search for him.

Taehyung: Okay, I will search upstairs, you guys searched down here.

As Taehyung went upstairs, he opened the bathroom door first. Nothing had been toughed and he could see some dust on the surface. He felt relieved when he did not notice anything out of the ordinary. He took a deep breath and checked the bedroom that he used in the beginning of hiding Jungkook when he was still a teenager. He did not want Jungkook to feel uncomfortable and made two separate bedrooms. The bedroom was clear, there was no signs of anyone using it in a long time.

Finally, he entered Jungkook's bedroom and was hit with a faint scent of Jungkook's cologne. As he pushed the door further opened, he noticed that the room was a time capsule for the last day that Jungkook was there. He checked Jungkook's closets and drawers and noticed that nothing seemed to be out of place. His heart was hurting badly. He went downstairs to check on the others. They were waiting for him in the living room.

Jimin: Taehyung, he is not here.

Min Yoongi: There is no sign that anyone has entered this place in a long time.

Taehyung: That means that Felix never knew about this place. He must have taken Jungkook at the bar.

J-Hope: How does he get to work?

Taehyung: He has a car. The bar should be closing in a couple of hours, we can drive by and see if his car is there.

Min Yoongi: Good idea, let's go.

When they arrived at the bar, Min Yoongi, Jimin, and J-Hope realized that they were close to Lin's apartment where Ghost was found dead.

Min Yoongi: Do you see his car?

Taehyung: No, but I do see someone coming out of the bar. (Parks the car and approached a man). Excuse me, sir.

Man: Yes?

Taehyung: Sorry to bother you, but I am looking for my friend Jungkook. He works here. I just got back into town from studying abroad and wanted to surprise him.

Man: Oh, hi. He is not here. He has been gone for at least a month now.

Taehyung: A month?

Man: Yes, the last time I saw him was December 17th. Oh no, no, I'm wrong. We lasted worked together was on the 17th. The last time I saw him when I was working was the...19th.

Taehyung: The 19th?

Man: Yes, his brother came to see him and told him that their father was sick, and he wants to see Jungkook. So, naturally, I told him to take as much time off as needed.

Taehyung: Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that about his father. He never told me. Thank you, sir.

Man: You're welcome.

Taehyung entered the car and quickly drove to his place ignoring Min Yoongi, Jimin, and J-Hope's questions. When he arrived at his place and got out the car, they followed him in the house and Jimin grabbed hold of him.