Chapter 47

Taehyung folded the letter and put it back in his pocket. He cried a little bit, because he felt that he finally met the Han he never knew. He thought Han wanted him dead for taking Jungkook away from him, but he was wrong. He wiped his tears and went back to his family and continued to have dinner and smiled at Min Yoongi. After dinner, Min Yoongi and Taehyung walked outside in the backyard to have a private talk while the others were having drinks and getting to know Jungkook.

Min Yoongi: How are you feeling?

Taehyung: I'm happy and yet, I am sad.

Min Yoongi: What are you sad about?

Taehyung: I have my love back, but how can we pick up from where we left off before this case happened.

Min Yoongi: It will take some time. Right now, you are both healing.

Taehyung: How long have you known?

Min Yoongi: Known what?

Taehyung: That Jungkook was alive.

Min Yoongi: (Takes a deep breath) I've known since the night that you've passed out.

Taehyung: What?! Why didn't you tell me?

Min Yoongi: I didn't tell you for a few reasons. 1. I had to make sure that the information that I have found was true. 2. I didn't want to give you false hope just in case the information was not true. 3. I did it to honor my son's final wishes.

Taehyung: Did Namjoon and J-Hope know that you knew Jungkook was alive?

Min Yoongi: No, I did not tell them, and I took out the pages from Han's notebook that talked about Jungkook's whereabouts.

Taehyung: Why?

Min Yoongi: Because, I had a hard time processing what he said. They only read the parts of the notebook that he confesses his love for Jungkook and his love for me. I felt that I had to see this thing through for myself. I just didn't want to see you have another breakdown. But you when saved my life, I immediately went into determination mode to make sure that everything Han said was true about Jungkook and bring him home.

Taehyung: Sir, please understand that I am not upset with you. I am truly grateful of what you did and bringing Jungkook back home to me. But must ask you something.

Min Yoongi: You can ask me anything.

Taehyung: How was Jungkook when you found him?

Min Yoongi: He was healthy looking but scared to death. He did not remember who he was, but the receptionist did exactly what Han asked her to do. She told him that his name was Min Ethan, and he was brought to the center by his brother.

Taehyung: How did he do at the center?

Min Yoongi: He was doing fine, but he would have flashbacks of the assault and he would scream in his sleep. He was struggling with his memory for a while.

Taehyung: When did you meet him?

Min Yoongi: I met him two days after I left you guys. When he saw me, he was not afraid. The receptionist showed him my picture to remind him that I was his father, and I would be coming for him.

Taehyung: How is he now?

Min Yoongi: When I brought him back here, he was having night terrors again. We found him a therapist and he is doing well. His memory started to come back to him during the second month that I was away.