Chapter 27

As they left Chris's place, Taehyung did not immediately go home. Min Yoongi noticed this in his rearview mirror. He could tell by the direction of where Taehyung was going, he was heading towards the safe house. Min Yoongi dropped off Jimin and J-Hope and went home to get himself ready for tomorrow. Taehyung went to the safe house to clean up the place a little bit and to restock the refrigerator with fresh food and drinks for tomorrow's meeting. After he put up the food and drinks, he began cleaning the floors downstairs as well as dusting the place.

He did not care what time it was; he finished cleaning downstairs and went upstairs. He cleaned his old room first and then the bathroom. As he stood outside of Jungkook's bedroom tears began to roll down his face. He cannot believe that he watched Jungkook's last moments of life in fear and pain. He took several deep breaths before walking in. He went to Jungkook's drawer and found his favorite cologne. He sprayed the air, and the scent was so soothing to him. He remembered the time he bought Jungkook his first cologne bottle. He made sure that Jungkook never ran out of his cologne.

As he continued to look through Jungkook's drawer, he found a notebook. He opened the notebook and flipped through the pages. He never knew that Jungkook wrote poetry and when he turned to the last page, his heart melted reading the words, "Taehyung, the one who saved me and loved me wholeheartedly. I love you so much, Taehyung, that not even in the face of uncertainty would I never stop loving you my sweet love".

Taehyung closed the book and kissed the cover. He placed it back in the drawer and closed it. He knew that he had to meet Namjoon in the morning, and he could get about 5 hours of sleep, so he decided to read some of Chris's journal and make notes. After reading for twenty minutes and writing down notes along the way, he became very sleepy. He stopped what he was doing and put everything in the safe in his room. He took a quick shower and went to bed. The next morning, he quickly made breakfast and went to a bakery to get Namjoon some more snacks. When Taehyung walked into Namjoon's room, Namjoon was already sitting up excited to see the snacks that Taehyung brought him.

Namjoon: Good morning. (Sniffing the air and sighing). It smells so good.

Taehyung: (Laughing). They do smell good my friend. How are you feeling?

Namjoon: I'm feeling pretty good. How are you holding up?

Taehyung: It has been extremely hard, but I'm trying my best to stay strong. However, my heart is aching badly.

Namjoon: I wish I could do something for you to help with the pain. I can't even imagine the amount of pain that you are in.

Taehyung: (Nodding). Min Yoongi and I have our first therapy session today at noon.

Namjoon: Oh. That means you must brief me quickly then. Huh?

Taehyung: Yes. We found Jungkook's phone and car. We also found the mole at the examiner's office.

Namjoon: Where did you find Jungkook's phone and car? Who is the mole at the examiner's office?

Taehyung: We found his phone and car at the airport. The mole's name was Chris and we found him dead last night at his house.

Namjoon: What? How did he die?

Taehyung: It seems that he committed suicide, and I found his journal and took it. Jimin and J-Hope went this morning to retrieve the body. Min Yoongi made the anonymous call this morning for a wellness check on Chris.

Namjoon: Okay that was a smart move, but why did you take the journal?

Taehyung: Chris confessed that he was one of the four moles Felix planted well Ming. He also gave the first names of the remaining moles that we need to find.