『 Chapter Three 』

- - ┈┈˃̶˂̶┈┈ - -
𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓟𝓞𝓥

We arrived at the Akabane residence. It was much more grand than my own.

Despite it being full of lights and decorations, something about it just seemed lonely.

My mother dragged me inside, making sure to exchange pleasantries with every single person we passed by.

( Not including the old people ) the place was full of super pretty girls around my age, more or less.

'Super pretty' if you could call them that. Their heavily makeup done faces were pale from the tight corsets they wore.

Their elaborate gowns and complicated hair confused me to no end. What was mother thinking?! I can't survive in this environment!

I turned around to fall back on the one person - even though most of the time annoying - I knew.

To my surprise, my mother had completely vanished.
Actually, it wasn't that surprising, considering that she suddenly left us behind one day-

My emotions were still raw and bitter, clearly showing on my face.

"What's a frown doing on a lovely lady's face like yours?" A male voice called out from the shadows of a secluded area.

Having no awareness at all, I approached the tall figure. I could barely make it out: it was so dark.

"Just so you know, chivalry is already dead." I bluntly said to the figure, they didn't seem to react.

"Oh? Do enlighten me-" I jumped when the same voice spoke softly into my ear from behind me.

"What the fu-" I clamped my mouth shut, knowing I wouldn't hear the end of it if I swore in a place like this.

I spun around to see a male with red hair and a smirk slapped on his face. His pair of mercury eyes met my E/C ones.

"Enchanted by what you see?" He said smugly.

I scoffed, "As if."

"I'm sure you were imagining dirty things~" he shamelessly joked.
The red-head chuckled as his gaze continued to follow mine.

I was through and thoroughly annoyed with this guy.

The Akabanes had chosen an extremely hot day to choose their suitress.

Feeling the heat, I walked over to the bar a few metres away.

The guy - who was clearly full of himself - followed close behind me with his hands in his pockets.

I asked the bartender and sat down, "A piña colada please, no alcohol."

The red head sat down one chair across from me, "make that two, good sir." He winked at the bartender.

"What're you doing here?" I made conversation with the mysterious guy as the bartender gave us our drinks.

"As you can tell, it is dreadfully hot." His smirk never leaving his face.

"No- I mean, here. At this party."

He stopped to think for a moment before answering, "I broke in." He said nonchalantly.

I almost choked. "W-Wha-"

He stuck his tongue at me and winked.

I swear, he's getting on my nerves.

He stood up to leave and paid for both of our drinks.

"You don't need to pay for me." I frowned.

"Isn't it customary for the guy to pay on their first date?~" his mercury eyes were playfully following my expressions.

"I told you before-" I took a sip of my drink, "chivalry is already dead."

I thought of my mother and the way she took advantage of my father.

Expecting him to be chivalrous while she demanded things of the opposite.

"Your reasons?"

"The women killed it."

• *° °

This story is set in Japan. An Asian country.

Therefore, there are bound to be more traditional things than you would see in other countries.

So incase anyone throws any hate at me for Karma's lines, this is my reasoning.

It's a literal arranged marriage, leave it be.

Anyway, I don't actually know why I'm saying this stuff anymore so...

signing off~ 09/09/23