『 Chapter Four 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
3𝓻𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓟𝓞𝓥

The red-headed male had disappeared, leaving Y/N in a crowd of high society.

Y/N didn't fit in with them, she was different.

Everyone acquainted with her mother treated her as an outcast.

All because she would rather the simpler things in life.

Instead of being driven to school by a chauffeur, Y/N preferred to ride or bike or just walk.

Instead of wearing elaborate dresses, Y/N preferred to wear a hoodie and shorts.

Instead of banquets at rich people's houses, Y/N preferred to eat dinner with her father and siblings.

Was that so wrong?

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

The sound of microphone feedback pierced everyone's eardrums.

A beautiful tall woman stood on a wooden stage. From her aura alone, she captured the attention of all who looked at her.

Y/N could feel herself being pulled in by the beautiful woman.

A voice echoed through the microphone, "I'd like to thank you all for attending. It is now time for all of the lovely ladies to present themselves to my son."

The smile on her face looked innocent but her eyes gave it away, she was planning something mischievous.

Her voice was mature and clear, not one person misunderstood her words.

She reminds me of my mother and how she was too good to stay with us.

A harsh push on her back broke Y/N out of her thoughts. It was her said mother.

"What are you doing standing around?!" M/N expression was as sharp as a knife.

A blunt knife. Y/N had grown a little bit older and more mature during the time her mother had been absent.

She realised that... no matter how much she could overpower her mother.

M/N's words would always cut deep and slice through Y/N's pitiful heart.

There was no escape from the torment she had been born into. None at all.

"I can't believe you're my daughter," M/N said in disgust and sighed, "if only S/N wasn't so sickly."

Y/N's younger sister was her mother's last try with her father.

When she turned out to be unhealthy, M/N's plans had truly shattered.

Her husband was unable to keep bringing in large digits and in her eyes, her first two children had turned out disappointments.

As far as she could see, their futures would turn out dull.
The least she could do was marry her daughter off to a wealthy family.
That way she'd still be getting money off of them...

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

Haha kind of got boring but I'll give more Karma content next chapter

signing off~ 11/09/23