『 Chapter Twelve 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
3𝓻𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓟𝓞𝓥

Karma and Y/N sat down on a marble bench behind the tall lush-green bushes.

The night was silent despite the splashes of the fountain, which eventually faded into the background.

Y/N was able to ring her driver  - who'd pick her up in around ten minutes - from Karma's phone.

Until then, the two sat in peace.
Y/N picked up a strawberry from the tray by its stem, holding it up.

"Look, it's tastier if you dip it like this." She plopped the tip of the strawberry into the chocolate sauce, covering the top.

Y/N held it up for him to see, only for Karma to quickly snatch a bite, getting chocolate on the side of his mouth in the process.

"Hey!" Y/N gaped. Karma just snickered.

"Have to be smarter than that next time~"

In a swift movement, Y/N closed the gap between them.

She placed her hand on his shoulder for support and used the other one to wipe his lip.

Their faces were very close for people who were pretty much total strangers.

Karma felt a burning sensation in the part her thumb had just been. It tingled in a weird way he had never felt.

What was mere moments felt like hours.

"Ah-hem." Karma cleared his throat, "let's finish these off before your ride gets here."

Silence continued once more until they heard a car honk: Y/N had to go.

She got up to leave but right as she was about to exit through the gates, Karma called out to her.

"L/N!"

"Hmm?"

"You're welcome." He confidently stated.

"...for what?" She questioned.

"For giving you the honours of being my fiancée~"

"You are!-" Y/N stopped herself from saying anything that could get her into further trouble, "really annoying."

"Glad to hear it," Karma smirked as he watched Y/N hop into the car without exchanging any further communication.

"Get home safe," he whispered as they drove off, placing a finger on his lip where she'd touched it.

"Karma Akabane! This is where you've been?! Get back here now!" His mother screeched from the distance.

He let out a heavy sigh, picking up the tray with bowls on it with one hand, "coming, mother."

All that remained on the bench was a singular half-bitten chocolate-covered strawberry...

• *° °

I'd like to mention that I was casted as strawberry-seller in our production!! ( cries but still happy inside )

Comment what your favourite scene has been so far!!

signing off~ 19/09/23