『 Chapter Forty One 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
Don't be a silent reader! Comment your thoughts or reactions!!

𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓟𝓞𝓥

"Hmm?..." I groaned, my peaceful nap being interrupted by my irritating alarm.

After finally having a normal school day, the tiredness hit me like a truck. I dozed off as soon as I got home.

It was the day after the 'tied to Akabane' thing. I was glad I didn't have to talk to him today.

With only one eye open, I peeked at my phone screen. In big capital letters, my alarm was labelled,

'PHOTOSHOOT DAY'

"Whyyy" I practically cried into my pillow.
Seriously? It's been a week already?!

Reluctantly, I rolled out of bed and onto the floor like how I normally wake up.

I started to get ready...

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

"You're two hours late." Akabane said as soon as he opened the front door for me.

He wore a formal suit and tie and looked mighty uncomfortable.

"Oh well," I dismissed.
Honestly, I didn't really care how late I was.
As long as I showed up then I wouldn't get in trouble.

"I care." He said in a stern voice with an unpleasant expression on his face, "I've been in this for three damn hours."

I couldn't help but giggle at him.
"Don't worry, you look really cute~"

Akabane's eyes widened and his expression changed.

"No! I mean, like a puppy! Puppies are cute!" I tried to explain what I said.

"Just messing with you," he let out a soft laugh, "I know what you meant."

"Exactly!" I forced an awkward laugh.

"Vincent's inside, waiting for us. He has your dress."

"Perfect..." I replied sarcastically before following him inside the house.

Even though I was used to my own home by now, seeing how other rich people lived still amazed me.

I walked in admiring the structure and exotic decorations all around me.

There was the man that chained me to Akabane...

Oh the horror-

Still, he had a friendly smile and wore really fancy clothes. He was kinda old too-

"Nice to see you again," I lied, bowing my head as he was older than me.

"Nice to see you again." He replied, "I'm terribly sorry about yesterday, Karma used to be so sweet as a child. He's a bit of a troublemaker at the moment."

I looked at Akabane through the corner of my eye. He seemed cold and distant - but not to me.
To this house...

I didn't notice it last time but did he not like it here? Even though it's his own home.
I didn't really want to ask

"Well, I should get changed now."
Mr Vincent handed me the box which I presumed had the dress inside.

I headed upstairs to the bathroom: my mouth dropped.

"A fucking wedding gown!!"

Nah- I can't wear this!

I heard a knock on the door, followed by Akabane's voice, "you good, L/N?"

I unlocked the door and held up the dress for the red-head to see.

"I can't wear this!" I exclaimed in a hushed tone, not really wanting Mr Vincent to hear.

"Sure you can," Akabane replied with a smile on his face, "you'd look good in it."

A slight blush threatened to creep up on my neck upwards.

"How about you wear it then!" I shoved it into his chest. To hide any redness on my face, I turned my head to the side.

"Bet, I've been dying to get out of this." If I could see him, he'd be wearing his signature smirk.

"You're so annoying, god!" I grabbed the dress and slammed the door in his face.

What's going on with me?
My cheeks felt like they were burning.

I'm just tired... that's all...

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

Ahh I'm really sorry for the late updates like I said before I didn't really have to motivation.

But don't worry, I am always here - I log on wattpad every few hours...

Hope you enjoyed this chapter x

👗

(Only real ones do it)

signing off~ 26/01/24