『 Chapter Twenty Nine 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
I'm eating cookies rn. They're really tasty

3𝓻𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓟𝓞𝓥

"L/N, I know I'm hot but you can stop blushing now~" Karma said, just low enough for only them to hear.

Her ears perked up and immediately shoved him aside, "I am not blushing!" She yelled in protest, refusing to face him.

"We still need to add flour-" he read the recipe off of his phone. Karma's head whipped towards the little five year old.

"S/N, you better not be messing around." The girl in question shuffled to the side in attempt to hide a countertop with flour spread all over it, to no avail.

She looked at the pair with a cheeky grin, "I'm not doing anything~"

The red-head let out a heavy sigh, "must I do everything myself?

He carried S/N with one arm and picked up the heavy bag of flour with the other one.

He plopped the little girl down safely on the floor and sifted the flour into the bowl - which now contained flour, eggs, sugar and butter.

"Now we have to need it in-" Karma said before he was cut off.

"No can do." Y/N stated and held up her nails, "I'm not getting batter in these."

"For-" the red-head paused in the middle of his sentence, thinking that swearing in front of S/N would be a back influence.

"Just tidy up over there." Karma instructed, pointing to the flour-covered countertop.

Without Y/N, the two were able to need and shape the cookies quite quickly.

Karma only rolled the batter into small balls while S/N used a heart-shaped cutter that Nina had bought.

They placed the tray of dough into the oven that Karma had already pre-heated.

While they waited for the cookies to bake, the two sisters sat down on the sofa and put on a cartoon for S/N.

Karma's eyes were glued to his phone until he felt a head on his shoulder. Y/N had fallen asleep. S/N didn't even notice, not sparing her sister a glance.

He switched from his game to his camera and took a snap of his fiancée's sleeping face.

He took a mental note of how cute and innocent she looked when she wasn't sending him death-glares.

Reaching over some cushions, he pulled a blanket over her, making sure she didn't catch a cold.

It took him a few minutes to realise that Y/N was going to break her neck due to his shoulder being quite high up.

He lay her head on his lap instead, taking great care in being gentle as to not wake her up.

Karma let her sleep peacefully until the cookies were done baking, she deserved that much.

Although, he couldn't guarantee that there wouldn't be black marker on her face when she woke up...

• *° °

I haven't posted in a week lmao but don't worry I'm still alive, I haven't abandoned you lot.

Emoji for this chapter issss
drumrollll........

😪

One vote = one hour of sleep for author-san 🥲
Comment what you thought of this chapter. Feedback on how to improve is greatly appreciated 🙏

signing off~ 12/11/23