『 Chapter Nineteen 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
3𝓻𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓟𝓞𝓥

Y/N choked on her iced tea, Karma's eyes were wide in shock.

"P-Pardon??" Y/N asked having recovered from the initial surprise.

"Of course, this is only like a mock photoshoot!~ Not the real thing." Ayame's eyes danced between her son and future daughter-in-law.

"Mother, there's really no time to rush- I mean- we have a lifetime ahead of us?" Karma desperately wanted a way out.

A wedding photoshoot meant formal. Formal meant he had to wear a suit.
A suit meaning he would get all irritated and uncomfortable again.

"Nonsense, I want them done in a week from now."

"You'll be leaving for Greece tomorrow." The strawberry-head spoke back with a sour tone.

"I know that, dear. The photographer will watch in my stead."

It was just like his mother, never to be present during moments of his life.

Ayame was never there when he was sick, when he first started school, when he got into fights.

It stayed awkwardly silent until everyone's salmon was finished.

Karma and Y/N were just not in the mood for anymore conversation. Nobody had heard a peep from Kureno the whole dinner either.

The only audible noise was the sound of gentle scrapes of cutlery against hard plates.

Y/N was already starting to feel pretty full.
The same french server from earlier appeared, there's more?! I thought we were done!

"for the main course, we have kobe beef and-"
The rest of his speech drowned out, Y/N could smell the rich aroma of the beef.

She was lost in her food loving reverie until her own plate was placed right in front of her.

From the opposite side of the table, mercury eyes watched her with interest. Karma noted how Y/N's eyes lit up when she saw her beef.

Hastily, while trying to remain composed, the H/C-haired girl sprinkled on a bit of salt and stabbed her meat with a fork, slicing off a mouth-sized portion.

The Kobe beef had been cooked to perfection. There was no other way to describe it.

The tender meat completely melted in her mouth like butter, letting Y/N enjoy the juicy rich flavour of the beef.

[A/N: disclaimer: this is a romance fanfic, not a food documentary!
Btw I'm waffling. I'm not rich enough to eat this beef 😭😭]

"It pains me to travel all the time, look at all the delicious food I must leave behind!" Ayame complained half-heartedly.

Karma frowned.

"Karma. Do not make such stupid faces at the dinner table for no reason." She scolded.

Clearly, their mothers had some sort of gift to piss off their children so easily. And then still not understand why they were hated so.

"Y/N, darling. I know it must be strange but we are a family now. I think we should get to know one another~" Ayame rested her chin on her palms.

Y/N's strawberry-counterpart clenched his fists.

"Of course, Ay-"
Ayame looked at her expectantly, her gaze guiding Y/N.

"-m-mamma..." Y/N blushed like crazy, it almost put Karma's hair to shame. Steam practically forced its way out of her head.

His mother clapped excitedly, "yes, yes, just like that!"

"Y/N?~" Ayame sang.

"Yes?"

"When I get back from Greece, let's send some time together, just you and I~"

There were harsh scrapes against the ground, Karma stood up from his seat.

He plopped a big piece of beef into his mouth and left without saying anything.

"Karma. Make sure you're back for dessert!" Ayame called out, not really caring about what just happened.

Y/N was now involved in more family issues.

• *° °

Hey there~
This chapter was mainly about Ayame and food tbh 😅

I'll make sure to include some Karma x Y/N scenes since they are much closer now.

Uh, I didn't actually sleep properly so one vote = extra hour of sleep for me

Anyway, emoji of the chapter is

🥩
If you do it, you're a real one.

signing off~ 27/09/23