『 Chapter Thirty Nine 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓟𝓞𝓥

I tried picking up my chopsticks, for fucks sake-

It would appear my right hand was currently in possession of one, Karma Akabane.

"Akabane, move your hand." I ordered in the most stern voice I could muster.

"Yeah- not happening." He replied with a smug grin on his face.

"Why do you always have to be so- ugh!" I could barely hold in my frustration.

The red-head picked up my chopsticks and nabbed an egg roll from my lunch, "say ahh~"

I turned my face away in embarrassment, "no way, man."

Kanzaki gave Kaede a look. Girls could communicate through gazes if they wanted.

She said, those two would be so cute together, don't you think?

My pudding-loving best friend gave her a glance back, totally!!

I shot them both a glare, you've got to be kidding me.

Due to our silent conversation, the table had gotten awkward.

Nagisa and Akabane started chatting about something with Manami frequently pitching in.

While the others were occupied in their conversations, I nudged my fiancé with my elbow.

I whispered to him, "I know you can't go down to get your milk so you can have some of my lunch."

Akabane didn't ask to be chained to me either so I couldn't focus my anger on him, despite the fact that he got over his displeasure pretty quickly.

"I'm alright." He replied, leaning on the back of his chair with only one hand supporting him.

"You're gonna get hungry!" I fussed.

Akabane held an egg roll up to my mouth again, "I'll eat if you do~" he winked.

I might have burst a vein. My teeth snatched the food away from the chopsticks, "starve!"

"Aww, you're such a meanie, L/N~" he laughed, playfully.

I slouched back in my chair, not in the mood to deal with his antics any further.

"Don't be like that, Y/N, Karma's just teasing!!" Kaede noticed our interaction and stopped their conversations.

"Nagisa..." I sighed, "I have no idea how you deal with this guy as your best friend."

The blue-haired boy gave me an awkward smile, "well, Karma and I were friends before we were moved to 3-E."

"My condolences." I said in a sincere tone, earning a jab from Akabane.

I had almost forgotten about the kiss that was wrongfully stolen from me.
Almost-

An image of us two in the forest flashed through my mind.
There was me in his arms with our lips joined.

"Y/N, are you okay?! Your face is really red!!" Manami's concerned voice broke me out of my nightmare.

"Hm- I'm fine!" I smiled at the raven-haired girl who immediately rushed in front of me

She felt my forehead with the back of her hand, "strange... your temperature's normal..."

Manami pondered for a moment before resuming a panicked expression on her face.

"I-I'm sorry, I suddenly touched you!!" She lowered her head.

"No- don't apologise. The only person who can't touch me here, is Akabane." I reassured her.

"Hey, what'd I do?" He pointed a finger at himself with his free hand, feigning innocence.

"Literally everything-"

• *° °

I haven't posted much recently but I've been lacking motivation to finish this.

The reason all of these chapters are so short are to keep it stress free for me and so I stay motivated.

I don't want to force myself to write because my writing is a way for me to get lost in my fantasies.
Once it becomes something I have to do rather than want to, I'll get burnt out quickly.

However, this doesn't mean I'll be stopping any time soon! I just wanted to say I won't really be sticking to a schedule and will be writing whenever I want to.

Honestly, I'm always writing bc I'm very delulu

It's 3:30... AMAZING

Anyway I hope you've enjoyed this story so far and if you're even reading this...

🧪
(Only the real ones do it)

signing off~ 05/01/24