『 Chapter Seventeen 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
3𝓻𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓟𝓞𝓥

TW: mentions of... pain?

"Oh, how gracious of them~" M/N held up dresses on Y/N in front of a full-size mirror.

"Very," Y/N said in a bored tone.

"Although they haven't given us much time," her mother let out a heavy sigh, "honestly, your manners have barely improved since you got here."

"A student's only as good as their teacher." Y/N murmured under her breath.

"Shut your mouth!" M/N snapped, gripping her shoulders tight, her long nails digging in slightly.

Y/N winced and scowled at her mother.

"Listen here, Y/N. You better not embarrass me today." Her mother harshly spoke into her ear.

A fire sparked in Y/N's heart. Oh how she hated this woman whom she called her mother.

The flames burned and flickered yet Y/N found herself frozen and unable to do a thing.

In truth, Y/N had always been frightened by her mother, unable to escape her clutches.

Not because she was weaker than M/N but because she was broken from the inside and built up to obey her mother's words, leaving only the tiniest fraction for rebellion.

"Get changed, Y/N. I only want to see you when you're ready. Ring Monsieur Pierre if you need makeup."

M/N dropped the dress onto the bed and swung the door closed behind her when she left the room.

Y/N started to get dressed, not bothering to get her makeup done.

I don't want to disturb Monsieur Pierre for this stupid dinner.

Y/N heard a knock on the door, thinking it was her mother again she replied rather blunt, "what."

A little girl, no older than 5 years old, walked in, tears brimming in her eyes.

Y/N's expression softened and she dropped down to her sister's height.

"S/N! What's wrong?" She was just a worried big sister.

"M-Mommy's mean to me! And there's no one to play with me." S/N cried into her sister's chest, hugging her tightly.

"Y/N?" She looked up at her with round blurry eyes, "will you play with me?"

Y/N held S/N's hand and spoke softly, "Y/N's busy today but we can play all you like tomorrow?"

She used her thumb to gently wipe S/N's tear-stained eyes, "okay..." her little sister walked slowly back to her isolated room.

Y/N felt bad for the poor thing. She thought of the giant house they lived in, large gates surrounding so no other children could get in... or out.

S/N had been sickly all her life so she wasn't able to socialise or make friends her age.

The only thing she could do was stay in her room and draw.

• *° °

"You're early, I guess that means you couldn't wait to see me~" Karma leaned on the door-frame with a smirk on his face.

Y/N rolled her eyes, "Oh, shut u-"

Karma's mother pushed her son out of the way, her arms outstretched, gesturing for a hug.

"Y/N, darling!" Y/N plastered a smile onto her face and gingerly stepped into the embrace.

"Thank you for having me," the H/C-haired girl's smile was as fake as his mother's boobs.

"Come, come, sit!" Y/N was dragged further into the house.

"Um, thank you?"

• *° °

The beginning must've been pretty boring for my karma simps.

I'll try not to focus on Y/N's backstory as much but angst just happens so quickly without me realising it 😃

Anyway the emoji for this chapter is

🫃

Only reals ones do it

Edit: haha I wrote the month wrong, since when were we in September?
This whole time

signing off~ 24/09/23