『 Chapter Twenty Eight 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
3𝓻𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓟𝓞𝓥

"No, L/N, you can't put metal in the microwave!" Karma was genuinely worried.

Normally, he was calm and composed with a playful grin on his face.
At this current moment, he was panicking they'd blow up the kitchen.
It was a rare sight.

"What do I do with the bowl of carrots then?" Y/N dumbfounded.

"Why do you have carrots!" It looked like the red-head would burst a vein at any moment.

"Wheee!" S/N played with the flour on the table, throwing it into the air and trying to catch it with her hands.

The room was utter chaos with the two siblings being the main cause of it all.

"S/N, the eggs!!" Her older sister called out just before S/N knocked them off the table.

Luckily, Karma's quick reflexes allowed him to swiftly save the eggs before they met their doom.

He placed three eggs in total on the counter - out of S/N's reach - safely without a crack in sight.

"That's it. Both of you, come here." Karma snapped.
The two girls immediately fell into line like soldiers.

"Heheh-"

"For these cookies to be edible, we all need to listen to me." He instructed, his responsible side came out.
Imagine the distress he must've been in for him to be responsible.

"Okay, L/N, measure the butter using this recipe." Karma held up his phone for her to see.

"S/N, you and I will prepare the sugar." He smiled at the little girl, then turned to Y/N.

"Do anything else and I'll punish you later~" he whispered close to her ear, sending waves down her spine. She gulped.

"Big bro! I got the sugar!!" S/N appeared with a large bag, half her size.

"I'm trusting you with this, Y/N~" Of course, Karma couldn't stay in responsible mode for very long. He was probably on cooldown now.

That got on Y/N's nerves, "this doesn't mean we're close enough for you to call me that! Akabane!"

"Is it this much!" S/N called out, already pouring the sugar over a large bowl.

"Coming." He walked over, leaving Y/N to figure things out by herself.

The first step was complete, the sugar and butter was measured. Now they needed to mix them together.

S/N tipped the sugar into the bowl with butter.
"Here, you can mix this up." He handed her a wooden spatula.

Karma then grabbed the eggs he had previously put away, "I think two's enough."

He gave them to Y/N to crack open over a separate bowl.

Feeling confident in her imaginary skills, she tried to be cool and crack the egg with one hand.

She failed, miserably.

"Are you stupid or something?" Karma asked.

"I might be..." she murmured in response.

"Let me show you how it's done," he walked up behind her and held her hands. It was kind of like a hug from behind.

Y/N secretly blushed when she felt his lean chest against her thinner shoulders. She could feel how strong he was through his shirt.

She screamed at her own thoughts, Why are you imagining this stuff! You weirdo!!

Karma guided her hands through the simple steps of cracking an egg. It was only a short moment yet to Y/N it felt like an hour.

Her heart beat faster than normal. Bringing this question to her attention, 'How is this guy different from the others?'

It may have been obvious to an outsider. Why wouldn't a girl's fiancé mean differently to her than other men?

To Y/N, fiancé was nothing more than a label stuck onto a guy she didn't even know that well.

Did this mean that he meant something to her other than a fiancé? More than her annoying classmate?

Y/N shut her stupid line of thoughts down.
No, he's nothing more than my annoying fiancé-

• *° °

I won't even lie to you right now, I have no idea what's happening 🤣

This is very unprofessional of me as the author but it's the truth. My fingers aren't even connected to my brain, they just move on their own.

I'm sorry if this was kind of boring. Let me know what you thought of this chapter! Don't forget to leave a vote~

Emoji for this chapter

🧈

...smooth like butter-

See ya in the next one!
signing off~ 05/11/23