『 Chapter Eight 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
𝓚𝓪𝓻𝓶𝓪 𝓟𝓞𝓥

My mother rounded up all of the women who came to greet me.

One of them lunged themselves at me, "Mr Akabane! Choose me! I can give you whatever you want! We'll be happy for the rest of our lives!!"

She was so desperate it was sad.
I plucked her off of my arm and shoved her in line with the rest. She fell down with a light thud: I let her be my example.

I stood up and addressed her fellow bitches, whose faces were terrified and stained with fear.

I bet they thought I was some good-mannered prince with a big bank account. If so, only half of that theory was correct~

"Listen here, I'm just a no-good delinquent with a pretty face. If you want to leave while you can, by all means, be my guest."

The girl from the floor shot me death-glares as she ran away.
Some hesitated while others sprinted off, only a couple remained unfazed.

She was one of them.

"K-Karma! Do not handle the ladies like that!" My mother scolded, watching multiple girls flock away.

She hissed in a hushed tone, "look at how much money we just lost- they're not going to buy any drinks to wash their sorrows away now!"

How typical it was of her, always thinking of money. The only reason for this whole ordeal was to bring in more cash.

I was just another pawn on my mother's chess board.

"May we start now, mother?" All I wanted to do was go home and drown myself in my video games. Girls could wait until I conquered the last level.

"Ah yes," she turned to the girls in front of me, "good luck to you all."
She put on another false smile, the one I had seen all my life.

My mother exited the stage as the crowd, who observed with great intensity, applauded.

I really don't understand why it requires an audience.

I took a quick glance at the options and already knew exactly who I wanted.

I waltzed over to the H/C-haired girl, whose expression matched mine: I would rather be anywhere fucking else.

I smirked as I watched that expression become dumbfounded.

I got down on one knee with a hand to my chest and the other taking a hold of her hand gently.

I looked up at her through my red bangs, noticing how swan-like she looked in her white dress.

I liked watching panic and confusion stretch across her face, a slight blush threatening to creep its way up.

"Miss Y/N L/N, will you do the honours of marrying me?"

• *° °

Haha that's all for this chapter!!

I originally made Y/N's dress white to have some wine or something spill on her but I guess I forgot about that? ehe...

If you've enjoyed the story so far please leave a vote or comment so I don't feel lonely 🥲

signing off~ 17/09/23