『 Chapter Twenty Three 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓟𝓞𝓥

I managed to learn a lot from Korosensei's high-speed-something-something-study-hall.

He lectured me a lot on maths to the point where I was actually feeling a little bit confident in myself.

The whole period, my fiancé remained aloof but I could tell he was paying close attention to the octopus' words.

He had the highest grades in our class so I'm wasn't quite sure why he was in the End-Class in the first place.

At lunch, I sat down to eat with Kaede while we watched our classmates play Assassination Badminton.

It was a fun game where we practiced our hand-eye coordination.

The shuttlecock was replaced by a little ball painted to look like Korosensei while the rackets were small wooden knives.

I halted eating to fully focus on the game. Both teams were doing spectacularly well.

Specifically, Sugino's team. Although that couldn't be helped as he was the sports-person of the class.

The baseball player won another point for his team; everyone took a quick rest.

Akabane combed through his red hair with his fingers. A trickle of sweat rolled down his forehead.

It was nice to see his imperfections once in a while. He's always annoying me like he's all that.

"Y/N~ What are you looking at?~" Kaede wiggled her eyebrows at me, making a suggestive face.

I remained neutral and turned to her, "Rio, of course." I gestured the blonde who was chatting with my fiancé.

Kaede took another bite of her pudding, her eyes lit up in delight.

"Isn't it funny how Nagisa's so short!" She laughed, pointing at the blueberry - who looked straight ahead at the ball.

I sweat-dropped, "aren't you shorter than him...?"

I glanced back through the window to see Rio excitedly waving at us.
Akabane stood behind her with his hands tucked into his pockets as usual.

He smirked when I met his eyes. I felt my heart beat a tiny bit faster, just a tiny bit, before it eventually calmed down.

"Y/N! Wave then!" Kaede waved back at Rio with a closed-eye smile.

"-my bad." I waved back at the blonde who grinned like the Cheshire Cat. Had she noticed where I was looking?

I decided not to think too much into it and carry on with lunch.

I blazed through the rest of the day thinking of my arrangements with my little sister, S/N.

Last period ended and I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Yo, L/N." Akabane finally used my last name like how he should've from the beginning.

"What?" I asked, packing my bag, not even bothering to look at him.

"Can I come round yours today?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Huh? What makes you think you're invited?" I questioned.

"This message," he held up his phone revealing some very worrying messages.

It showed him having conversations with my mother and her giving him permission to even stay the night if he wanted.

"Why the fuck are you texting my mom?!"

"Cool, which train d'you take?" He had the audacity to turn to leave.

"Hold it right there, motherfucker-" I grabbed his shoulder.

• *° °

I don't know why I always end my chapters with like the stupidest shit ever 🤣

Do I swear too much? I'm sorry >~<

Uhh haven't posted for a few days but oh well deal with it.

My birthday is in 5 days (on the tenth) so I was thinking of making a special AU chapter??

Hope you enjoyed this. Emoji for this chapter:

🏸

Only real ones do it.
I feel like this emoji would be hard to find lmao. ( sports section )

signing off~ 04/10/23