『 Chapter Thirty Three 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
3𝓻𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓟𝓞𝓥

The next day, the H/C haired girl nonchalantly walked into class with her bag tossed over her shoulder.

Classes hadn't started yet so the classroom was still quite empty save for the dependable class-reps, Isogai and Kataoka, along with some of their usual group like Okano and Toka.

"Morning, L/N." Isogai called out as he gave a slight wave.

"Morning, everyone," she smiled brightly with an innocence that rivalled S/N's.

"You seem happy today, Y/N!" Okano commented, seeing the girl's lively mood.

"Anything good happen?" She added on out of curiosity.

Y/N had forgotten how sweet and genuine some people could be.

Being constantly surrounded by manipulative and annoying people, she had started to see the world in a different light.

How could I ever not like this class? My classmates are so nice and caring.

Y/N thought of her yellow, squishy teacher along with Miss Bitch and Mr Karasuma. She appreciated that they put in effort to be better teachers.

She imagined all of her classmates by her side.
It was only the start of the year yet the class was slowly starting to understand each other more.
After all, they all had the same goal: to assassinate Korosensei.

Red flashed across her mind. Recollections of past experiences came flooding in, starting from the party - where she had inevitably met her fiancé.

She remembered the sounds of glass cups clinking and the loud chattering of the crowd.

She could feel her veins about to burst when she walked on stage to see that stupid grin of his.

"-uh, Y/N?" Okano snapped her fingers in her face.

Having been shocked out of her trance, she stumbled a few steps back and blinked a couple of times.

"Sorry," Y/N laughed awkwardly, scratching her head.

Kayano burst in with Kanzaki close behind her, "Morning, everyone!!"
Her hazel eyes scanned across the room until they locked onto the H/C-haired girl.

In the blink of an eye, the pudding-head had a firm grasp on Y/N's shoulders; she started to shake her back and forth, interrogating her.

"Why did you skip last period and why haven't you replied to any of my messages!!" Kaede's intense glare stared into the girl's soul.

"Perhaps you could be a bit more gentle with her, Kayano." Kanzaki politely suggested in a way that you couldn't refuse.

Kayano listened to the class-idol's words, loosening her grip.

"Although I am quite curious why L/N came back the latest after our assassination attempt?" Kanzaki put a finger to her lip and pondered.

Y/N froze. Denial.

"I couldn't get down from my sniper spot-" she joked, herself being the joke.

"You're okay, right?" Yukiko asked out of concern.

"Of course! I went home because I wasn't feeling well-" was the cover story that came out from Y/N's mouth. It was the best she could think of.

More and more of their classmates arrived but there was still no sign of the red-head.

Y/N's concentration during lessons doubled without her annoying fiancé constantly nagging at her.

It was break.

Nagisa visited her desk after noticing she hadn't moved an inch, "Are you okay, L/N?"

Nothing happened... nothing happened...

"Noth-" she accidentally repeated the phrase she had been saying in her head. From someone else's ears, it sounded like she said no.

"I'm here if you want to talk about it." The boy said.

Y/N came to the conclusion that she wasn't very good at denial. At this point, she was just lying to herself.

"Whoa-! Look outside!" Maehara exclaimed with a look of shock and amusement on his face.

"Is that Karma?" Sugino asked rhetorically. Rhetorically because his wine-red hair was unmistakable.

A tall, well-dressed man with an air of elegance appeared. The sight itself was extremely out of place on our misfit mountain.
What was even more out of place was the sulking red-head wearing some sort of leash.

Strapped to Karma's arm was a metal chain - the end held by the man.

"This is so fucking embarrassing!"

• *° °

I need no more words. Thank you for reading!

🗝

(Only the real ones do it)

signing off~ 30/11/23