『 Chapter Forty Four 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

DON'T WORRY, GUYS, HE'S NOT GOING TO BE FRENCH THIS TIME EVEN THOUGH I REALLY WANT HIM TO BE FRENCH

𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓟𝓞𝓥

We finally approached the photographer; he was dressed in quite a unique fashion, not anything you'd see on a regular basis.

He wore bright neon greens and yellows, complimented by a checkered red scarf and camera hanging on his neck.
I wasn't a fan of it but who was I to judge him?

"Hello, mister." I had practiced my photo smile since I was born. Well, it was only natural with, y'know, having a mother like mine.

"So, this is the lovely couple!" He shook mine and Akabane's hands vigorously.
After the man let go of my hand, I gently looped my arm around Akabane's, making us seem close and comfortable with each other.

I internally cackled at what I was doing. When I'm the one who suggests stupid things, I never get embarrassed!!

My red-headed 'lover' retracted his arm through my grasp and put it around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Nice to meet you, sir." He smiled, charmingly. I wonder when the last time I saw him like this was?

The sudden change in personality got me shocked for a hot minute-
I distinctly remembered our first encounter, where he used that same posh voice of his.
The contrast with his usual personality in class was immense.

Akabane introduced the two of us politely; we learned the photographer's name was Luke - which made sense: he kinda looked like a Luke.

"Let's get started, shall we?" Mister Luke suggested, guiding the way with his camera in his hands.
As soon as he turned around, I ripped myself away from Akabane, seeing as there was no need to pretend when he wasn't looking.

I carefully watched my step as I walked while my fiancé walked with his hands in his slacks, seemingly without a care in the world.

Our photographer first led us inside of the old castle. Despite the building being old and unkept, it didn't look all that bad. In fact, the vines growing across the walls actually looked really pretty and great for a background.

Mister Luke decided for our first picture to be upon the stairs. I stood a few steps above Akabane with our hands intertwined. Looking at each other, I was supposed to be pulling him along while two of us smiled and laughed.

"Okay, little miss, action!" On the man's signal, I put a slight run into my steps, trying to imitate a carefree smile that I often noticed on S/N's face. Mister Luke wanted to capture the 'innocence of youth' in this picture.

『 SNAP 』
Our first photo had been taken.

"That wasn't that bad." I said to Akabane, his smile curved into a smirk, "Does that mean you enjoyed holding hands with me?~"

"Wha- only in your dreams." I used a hushed tone. Sometimes, my self-control amazed myself. I couldn't believe how I hadn't slapped the fuck out of this guy yet-

Mister Luke reviewed the photo and confirmed we looked good. Even though that's what he said, I couldn't shake the thought that it was just a fancy mug of me. It's not like Akabane could ever have mugs: he was too photogenic for that.

"Come along now, kids." Our photographer beckoned us to follow him up the stairs. A gush of wind hit my face.

"Wow..." I said quietly, admiring the view of the castle's gardens.
We were standing on a small balcony laced with a stone fence.

From up here, you were closer to the tall trees with lush green leaves and colourful flowers on them.
Down below, the grass was healthy and even more vibrant flowers dotted between the blades. The concrete path was still more or less smooth as it would've been when brand-new; the path led up to a fountain that was still running tirelessly.

"Miss, if you could lean on the stone here?" Mister Luke said, "using one hand to support your head, like this." He demonstrated for me.

"Uhh, is this okay?" I asked, copying him.

"Yes! Perfect, now, stay here and we'll be back in just a minute."

"Oh, okay..." I replied. The man hurried off with Akabane in tow.

I went out of my position and relaxed for a bit. My head perked up when I heard someone call my name from down below.

"Y/N." Akabane said with that all-too-smooth of a voice. It was calming yet sparking with passion and mischief.

I stared down at my fiancé from above. I've always known he was hot but dayum he was hawt-

"UH- Yes, Karma?" Putting emphasis on his first name like how he did with mine.

"Get ready, darling." Listening to Mister Luke, Akabane formed the desired pose. He kneeled with one leg on the grass and one hand in the air towards me, like he was reaching out.

Mister Luke hurried to the left of the balcony, ready to take the photo from that side.
"Young man, could you swap arms as to not cover your face?"

Akabane, naturally, used his dominant hand - his right hand - for the pose.
I got into my position, propping myself up with my elbows. This reminded me of Shakespeare's famous Romeo and Juliet: their famous balcony scene.

『 SNAP 』
That was our second picture.

"Little miss, could you come over here now?" Our photographer was reviewing the picture while Akabane was getting up from his position.

"Just jump, I'll catch you." The one and only Karma Akabane suggested with his arms outstretched.
His words reminded me of our kiss on the 3E mountain. His lips were so sof- AFCK.

WHY AM I THINKING OF HIS LIPS!!

I distracted myself by changing the topic.
I need to buy a new lipgloss soon.. yes, maybe a pink one - purple?

I made my way down the stairs with a faint blush remaining on my cheeks. I walked straight over to Mister Luke, right past Akabane.

"Next stop, the gardens!"

• *° °

Ahh, this is so late!! I have a lot going on for me and a lot of things I want to say.

Let's start off with some facts/disclaimers except I don't know what disclaimers are.

I know my Y/N isn't very inclusive and I'm sorry for that. I lack a lot of empathy when it comes to wanting inclusiveness, personally.

My Y/N is really only half of a self-insert and half of an oc.
I envision a Japanese school girl for Y/N, like the rest of the class.

But enough of that and more about.. drumroll.. ME!!
Because I'm a self-centred brat-

I passed my school auditions and got into our summer showcase!!
I actually can't do this though my stage fright is so bad what was I thinking-

But it's kinda already too late..? SO WISH ME LUCK

If you've actually read this far, I applaud you, still, prove it with:

『 🐞 』

signing off~ 07/04/24