『 Chapter Nine 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
3𝓻𝓭 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓟𝓞𝓥

"Miss Y/N L/N, will you do the honours of marrying me?"

"Huh?"

Suddenly, loud bursts came from the ceiling. Colourful confetti and ribbons poured over their heads like rain.

Parts of the audience roared with excitement while others with displeasure and jealousy.

It seemed the dots in Y/N's head hadn't connected properly.

Or maybe she was unable to comprehend that a man had found her more attractive than the others, whatever his reasons may be.

Y/N viewed herself as an ugly duckling who didn't fit in with the rest of high society.

Only currently, she was dressed up like a swan.
It was time to start acting like one.

The puzzle pieces in Y/N's mind, how ever slow, came into place.

The cogs in her brain started to turn as she became aware of the situation.

Y/N spotted her mother in the midst of the crowd, eyes bright with expectation, urging her to say one simple word, "Yes."

Karma stood up beside her and held her by the waist, making an effort to at least smile for the cameras with his fiancée in his arms.

Y/N forced on a gentle smile as she waited for the sound of constant clicks to stop. To her surprise, they seemed to be never-ending.

Karma helped her down the stairs like a proper prince - even though there were only two or three steps.

"Brace yourself." He whispered, leaning into her ear before they were surrounded with important people, much too important for Y/N to handle.

Y/N noticed how Karma's arm around her was blocking anyone from barging into her.

She appreciated his consideration although they barely knew each other.

Y/N listened to her new fiancé's laugh, it sounded like he was truly enjoying himself.

She knew that she had to put up the same facade or she'd end up at the bottom of the food chain, dragging him along with her.

"Congratulations, Mr Akabane." Some older woman congratulated him in such a fake tone.

"Thank you, Mrs Marby." Karma replied in the very same way.

The woman lowered her voice, just enough for only Karma and Y/N to hear, "if you ever get bored of her, my daughter was right next to the lovely lady on that stage-"

"I'm afraid I must interrupt you, I chose Miss L/N and that fact will not change." His voice became stern and strong,

"thank you for coming today," Karma walked away like nothing happened, like she was just another person you pass on the street.

More congratulations came to 'couple'; Y/N was showered with praises, only by people who wanted to stay on the Akabane's good side.

"Mr Akabane," Y/N's head whipped in the direction of the familiar voice.

It was the vile woman herself.

• *° °

My internet has been broken and I'm really annoyed. But at least that gives me time to write... *pouts cutely*

signing off~ 17/09/23