『 Chapter Twenty Seven 』

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -
𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓟𝓞𝓥

I could not bake to save my life-

S/N grasped both of our hands, pulling us along to the kitchen.

It appeared that she had already cleared out the kitchen staff, leaving the whole area empty.

The room was in tip-top shape, there was no trace of it being used and it looked completely brand new.

This was due to our kitchen and cleaning staff. I mentally applauded them for not leaving a mess.

Though I'm sure mother would scream at them if the house was dirty.

That seemed like the type of woman she was.

I examined the ingredients placed on  the marble counters.

"S/N, you have everything already?" I asked while pulling out a stool from the side. This way the countertop would be accessible for her short little legs.

"Yup!" She replied with a thumbs up. I couldn't help but laugh, "Nina got them ready for me!"

"Did you thank her lots?"

"Lots!" S/N pulled off two matching black aprons from the counter, "there's another one!" She pulled off a flowered pink apron with a large heart in the middle.

"...where did you get that." Akabane looked like he was suppressing a scowl.

"How would I know, I barely come in here-"

"I bet it was that damn octopus-" he muttered under his breath, just enough for me to hear it.

"You're just embarrassed to wear it." I teased.

"I'm not wearing that." He spat.

S/N tugged on my skirt, "why won't big brother wear the apron? It's pretty."

His expression softened, "because I'm a boy. Boys don't wear pink."

My little sister protested, "yes they can! Nina taught me that."

"Gimme the black one. I like wearing black clothes."

"Aww, but you'd look so cute in pink~"

"Oya~ is Y/N calling me cutee?~" Akabane snatched the smirk from my face, leaving me flustered.

"Wha- No. No! Just take the apron." I whipped around, not wanting to see his face any longer.

"Look, S/N. Your sister's shy~"
I felt a sudden long piece of fabric on the front of my torso. Akabane tied the string carefully around my neck.

His fingers occasionally making contact with my neck, allowing me to feel how cold his hands were.

"Your hands are so cold, Akabane."

Almost out of instinct, I turned around and took his hands in mine, wanting to warm them up.

The sudden action startled him, causing him to freeze up for a second.

The realisation hit me and I immediately released his hands.
Why did I do that?

"Ahem-" I cleared my throat, "Let's get started, shall we?" I put on a smile for S/N.

"Big brother and I are matching!"

"That we are."

• *° °

What a wholesome ending um yeah I hope I can post next one soon cause this one was kinda boring-

I might do like special chapters but um I'm really lazy and it's kinda late. I'll try to tho hehe

Almost forgot the emoji hehe

❄️

signing off~ 28/10/23