co-parenting

- i don't speak from experience because my parents are still together so if i get it wrong I apologize 🥲
- wholesome content
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*backstory*

me and vinnie got married a year before I got pregnant. But after I had nicole, our relationship became difficult. We couldn't get along, i would make him sleep on the couch or if we slept in the same room, he would sleep away from me. A couple months after she turned two, we decided on divorce.

I got my own place and vinnie stayed there. nicole is now 5 years old.

*present*

"are you ready to go to daddy's?" i smiled, getting on my knees to fix her hair. she nodded with a big smile on my face. she was in my bathroom. i stood up and saw my wedding ring on the counter. I didn't take it off until after a couple months after the divorce. So I haven't worn it in 3 years.

I miss the feeling. "okay let's go, we don't wanna be late." she ran down the stairs. "careful baby!" And she slowed down. I put her in her car seat, and got in the front starting the car. I pulled out of the driveway and headed to vinnies. "mama?"

Her sweet, soft little voice called from the back. "yes baby?"

"why don't you live with daddy?" I looked at her through the rear view mirror. "sometimes things don't work out." I answered. She didn't say anything. We pulled up to vinnies, and i got out of the car and unbuckled her, walking her to the front door. "knock baby.." i smiled. she knocked and immediately he opened the door. "daddy!" She jumped into his arms. i smiled softly. she adored him, and he adored her so much.

"i missed you!" He said, squeezing her gently. I noticed he was still wearing his ring which made me smile a little. "I'll see you in a couple days, okay?" I poked her little nose. "stay!" She pleaded. "i can't baby.." i wanted too, though. "just stay till I fall asleep.. please mama!" She pleaded once again. "yeah.. stay." vinnie smiled softly. "alright.." i giggled, closing the door behind me. "did you eat dinner?" He asked her.

she shook her head with a smile. "stop lying." I laughed tickling her. I could feel vinnie staring at me with a smile while she laughed trying to catch her breath. "don't believe her.. she had a big dinner." I chuckled. He set her down. "i tried to tell her that she could eat here but she didn't budge." I shrugged my shoulders. "it's alright." He smiled down at me.

"let's watch a movie!" She suggested. i sat on the middle cushion, and vinnie sat in the corner. Nicole came running in with her blanket, standing in front of us. she pushed me towards vinnie. "sit next to each other." She continued to push me. fulfilling her wishes, i sat next to vinnie. Our legs and shoulders were touching. She wrapped her blanket around her, and laid herself across on us. Her head in vinnies lap, and her legs on my thighs.

"whatcha wanna watch baby?" Vinnie asked, stroking her hair. "the little mermaid!" he chuckled and put it on. all of her attention was on the tv. 30 minutes in, i noticed her eyes fluttering closed, and then open again. but she kept them open. hesitantly, i rested my head on vinnies shoulder as we watched the movie together. the movie ended, and she was knocked out. He looked down, and wrapped her again in the blanket. "im gonna put her to bed.." he whispered.

He picked her up, holding her like he did when she was born. He leaned her in front of me so i can tell her goodnight. "i love you baby." I kissed her forehead. He came back shortly after. he came and sat next to me. "Im sorry y/n.."

"for what?"

"everything.. i said some pretty hurtful things before and after the divorce." he answered. "i did too.. so I'm sorry too." we shared a chuckle. we made deep eye contact before he smashed his lips into mine. I didn't pull away. I kissed back. Our lips stayed connected as he wrapped his fingers in the belt loop of my baggy jeans pulling me onto his lap.

My arms went around his neck, as his rested on my waist. we pulled away from the kiss. "it's not over between us.." he said out of breath. i laughed with a couple happy tears running down my face. "no it's not." I agreed. I always knew he was the one for me. even if we didn't get along, i always knew it. he kissed me again, and stood up, taking me with him. And he set me down.

"stay with me.. tonight." he pleaded. "i don't have anything." "i do." He rested his forehead against mine once again. I sighed in a joking way, "fineee." I laughed. A big smile grew on his face and he wrapped his arms around my legs, throwing me over his shoulder.

- okay, I feel like part two is gonna be my fav!

- but I think I overdid part two, which I will try and publish shortly after.. still writing it 😩

- 1 month and 9 days!! 🥹🥹