Chapter 22- The Challenge Of Musical Dread!: Part 1 (1/2)

(For a bit of context, there isn't an age gap between the contestants from Pahkitew Island and the characters from both the reboot and the other ocs, so this story is set around the same universe as both Pahkitew Island and the Reboot.)

In the first class compartment, Heather and Alejandro were inside, looking at the camera toward the viewers. "Last time, on Total Drama: Around the World, The Yukon, Canada's frozen gem." Alejandro explained to the audience. "Our contestants had the thrill of a life time by jumping through ice flows, dodging snowballs, and sledding down a hill."

"And while the snow was cold, we've got to see the coldest betrayal by Julia after she tricked Nichelle into doing her work for her while looking for the immunity totem. Proving that like me during the very first season, is a backstabbing user who will go as far as to betray her own alliance members to get what she wants." Heather explained to the viewers. "However, it was that moment where Nichelle decided to take a stand and prevented Julia from getting immunity, and we've got to see one of the greatest redemptions in a contestant from Total Drama. However, thanks to Julia finding the totem before the elimination ceremony, she was sadly eliminated."

"And Mateo and Emma's relationship became colder as Emma kept forcing Mateo to drink the homemade love tea that Emma made." Alejandro said to the viewers. "Feeling a bit of Deja Vu, anyone?"

"Yup, with seven players left in the game, who's chances of winning a million dollars will be put on ice next?" Heather asked the viewers. "Find out now, on Total...Drama...AROUND THE WORLD!!!!"

...

As it was still nighttime, while the plane was still in the air, in the economy class section, Mateo was in bed reading a book and spending some time to himself, he still had a blanket over him as he was still trying to recover from the cold.

Mateo's reading was interrupted of course when he heard a squeal and felt himself getting hugged tightly. "Mateo! You're here!" Emma said as she squealed and hugged Mateo tightly. "Did you miss me? Did that big meanie, Silas, try yo brainwash you while you were gone?"

"Don't talk to me..." Mateo said bitterly to Emma as he held a bit of a grudge on Emma for poisoning him with the love tea Emma made for him, and for also teaming up with Julia to vote off Nichelle. He was also a bit angered that Emma still thought of Silas as a threat because of an accident that he was framed for.

"Was it about Nichelle's elimination and about the whole tea thing?" Emma asked as she was annoyed. "Like I said to you before, everything I did was for us to be safe from elimination, and for us to stay together! I gave you that tea as a way to heal you and I also joined with Julia to vote off Nichelle, so that we wouldn't have to worry about her betraying us again!"

"Heal me!? It seemed more like you were trying to poison me than heal me!" Mateo said in retaliation as he was angered. "And Nichelle had every right to go against our alliance because of everything that you and Julia put her and me through!"

"Hey! All I did was so that we could protect ourselves! I said that we will million together, and you know good heck that we will win the million, especially since I'm not wanting to lose against the person who tried to kill me! So I will not have our hopes and dreams crushed Chase!" Emma shouted to Mateo, but covered her mouth as she realized what she called Mateo, which made Mateo shocked. "I-I mean Mateo!"

"Hold on, what was that name that you called me before?" Mateo asked as he begun to suspect Emma. Emma was silent for a while and couldn't think of an answer to save herself. That was when Mateo understood the truth and felt hurt that he was being used all this time. "Unbelievable, this whole competition wasn't about us at all! You just kept me along just to impress your stupid ex boyfriend! And you keep telling me over and over, that I'm the one who's selfish, when clearly, you kept me along just so you can get back at Chase, and have not once cared about my well being and how it affects me!!"