You Being On Your Period [Sherlock]

Cw: periods, cramps, bl33ding through, dysphoria, mentions of not binding

Sherlock:

Sherlock came into the room in the middle of the night to sleep, accidentally waking you. You groggily watched him walk in, and start to get undressed. You realized that there was something damp between your legs, and processed what it was just as he was getting into bed.

"No." You muttered, pushing Sherlock away. He sat back, looking at you confused.

"Did I do something?"

"Um, no I just..." you tried to think of what to say as you sat up slowly. "You can't get in yet, I um...I need to clean up your sheets."

Sherlock watched you for a moment. "Oh. Oh, alright."

He stood back as you got up, covering your lower half with the sheets. He followed you into the bathroom, where you pushed him out.

"Sherlock, no.  I need to get changed."

"Fine, then hand me the sheet from the door."

"What? No, I know it's disgusting, you don't have to deal with this."

"It's fine, it's not disgusting. I'll just wash it, I'm sure I have spares."

You were surprised by the answer. You complied, and handed the sheet out through the bathroom door.

Once you got cleaned up, you rushed out of the bathroom, planning on making your escape before you leaked through anything else.

Sherlock frowned and stopped you from leaving.

"Where are you going?"

"Sorry, I have to go. I'll be back tomorrow."

"Why? Is this about the blood? It's really no big deal."

"No—well...kinda, yeah. I just don't have anything—I didn't think it'd come, you know. So I've got to go take care of it." You explained, hoping he'd understand. Instead, his frown deepened.

"But I have pads and tampons in the cupboard under the sink. After the first time you came around and were on your cycle I decided to buy some just in case. Did I get wrong?"

You stood there shocked for a moment before admitting you didn't check. You didn't really want to leave anyway, especially since Sherlock really didn't seem to mind. You found something to use in the cupboard and when you came back he had already made the bed again and was waiting for you.

You huffed and rolled your eyes as he climbed on top of you, his head resting against your chest.

"Put some clothes on. Aren't you worried I'll bleed on you?"

Sherlock scoffed. "Believe me, I've gotten far worse on me than someone else's blood."

Wrapped snuggly under the covers, you drifted off to sleep. You were so close, too, when Sherlock woke you up, gently prodding at your shoulder and saying your name.

"Mmmm—what?" You groaned.

"I just wanted to say sorry."

"For what? Keeping me up when I was about to fall asleep?"

"No...I mean...for the pain."

"...thank you?"

"I can't even imagine it."

"You don't have to."

"Perhaps not...but my point is it can't be easy...you know, when so many people think that only women have periods. Yet here you are, having to deal with it miserably for a week."