Chapter 38

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

               ☆▪︎▪︎▪︎ 220 years later  ▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

Looking to your right, you waited for the guard to get up to leave even though his shift wasn't over yet. Your body was pressed against the wall of the structure that formed the entrance to the city. Your hood was raised so that it covered your hair and any recognizable features while you clunched in your hands a bag made of silk. In the eyes of a passer-by, seeing a person hidden behind a wall would have made them suspicious but luckily it was the early hours and no one, apart from a few early risers, was out and about in the streets. 

You were so glad for that. You would hate to be catched by a bystander, that would be pretty pathetic.

Seeing the guard finally get up from his post and finish his shift ten minutes early you waited until he was out of sight before dashing out into the open and towards your objective. You had approximately fifteen minutes before the second guard arrived so you couldn't waste any time. Having learned from your past mistake you approached one of the ships in the second row quickly opening the control panel and lowering one of the many petals to enter in the heart of it.

Bingo.

You smirked before stepping inside. You felt your insides twisting with excitement, you had never come this far. Usually you either got caught trying to get to a ship by the guards or in some 'mysterious' way Cairn wanted to spend an afternoon with you just a second before you could put your plan into action. You were quite ashamed that it had taken SO long to steal a ship and return to earth but in your defense it wasn't easy to sneak up when you were in an open space and especially under the watchful eye of the prince. 

Now, even though you are quite mischievous on your own, you don't tend to take the illegal route. You even asked if you could borrow a ship, fuck you even went so far as to beg during one of your lowest points but Aechema didn't budge from his decision. So in extreme evils extreme remedies are used. Which to tell the truth you wouldn't even have done who knows what. You would have returned to earth, checked the situation, recovered Phos, and returned to the moon. That didn't seem like a bad thing to you, right? 

And then the promise you made to Cinnabar was still heavy on your mind, drowning you in a sense of guilt that you hadn't returned to see him. And on top of that, you missed all the other gems, you missed helping to fix the library with Ghost, training with Bort and Zircon, teasing Rutile to the point of having to run away chased by him. You missed modeling for Red Beryl — ah no wait, truth be told you didn't miss that but you certainly missed doing stupid things with all of them. 

Oh shit you are getting emotional over there, quick, quick! Dry your tears! 

*SLAP*

Or slap yourself either way its fine.

Turning your gaze back to the panel that controlled the flying machine you grabbed a pocket flashlight and placed it between your teeth so your hands could be free to operate the vessel. You had never driven a ship but how difficult could it be? At worst, you'll end up wandering the universe aimlessly. No big deal.

Taking the book that was in your bag you began to leaf through it looking for instructions to make this thing work. Once you find the bookmarked page your smirk widened “Let's get this wreck movi-"