Chapter 11

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"Sensei. . .It's the Lunarians"

Kongo nodded watching the big sunspot approaching "Phos, what type do you think it is?" the gem narrowed his eyes looking at it "It appear to be the old type . . ." from the waist he pulled his sword taking a step forward "I'll check" his Sensei stood motionless as he watched Phos rise into the air thanks to the golden alloy. The Lunarians shot their arrows at him, but they were all deflected by a wall of golden mass. Arriving near the larger Lunarian, the peppermint gem slashed it in half.

Phos looked inside it being disappointed by what he had found. The gem turned to his Sensei again "It's as we thought, an old type" the sunspot began to disperse, but despite this a Lunarian drew his bow aiming his arrow at Phos. Before it could shoot, something thin and sharp pierced its head making it disappear in a cloud of smoke.

"Uh?" Phos noticed an arrow miss him and when he turned around he saw the Lunarian dissolve. "I hadn't noticed that. . .You always got my back-" he shifted his gaze to where the shot had come from "Right ___?"

You crouched behind a boulder reloading another arrow into your weapon, ready to be fired. "I never thought I'd ever use in my life" you stretched the string repositioning it "a damn crossbow." you repositioned yourself ready to strike again.

"Your aim is improving...and so is your reload time," you heard Kongo say by your side. Seeing that the sunspot had disappeared you stood up sighing "It seems that this one also didn't have any fragments of Antarct. It's spring now and his composition will melt. . .we will have to wait until the next winter." Your gaze met Phos's and he shook his head. Suddenly he slipped off balance and fell.

"Phos!" you said worried but luckily Kongo caught him before any harm could be done. "Changing the thickness of your metal in accordance to the direction of the arrow was an improvement" he said putting the gem down "Now you just need to work on maintaining your balance" Phos nodded picking up his sword from the ground "Yes sir. Im sorry, I'll practice on controlling it" he turned to you "You can go back to school. I'll take care of the remaining icebergs"

You put the crossbow behind your back making sure it didn't fall "I think I'll stay here. I'm starting to run out of arrows. I'll pick up the ones that fell today" Kongo took a step forward placing a hand on your head "Are you sure you two? Why don't you rest a bit?" Phos shook his head "I need to do some more work today before I can report back to Antarct" Kongo stood still saying nothing before sighing "So be it"

"Ah ___" Phos stopped short "If something happens, scream. I'll come as fast as possible" you deadpanned placing a hand on your hip "You don't have to worry. If something happens I can manage on my own" you flexed your noodle arms as emphasis.

"Mh. . .maybe it's better if I stay here while you collect arrows"

"Okay, okay. Geez. I will scream in case of danger. All right?"

He nodded relaxing his shoulders "Thanks. It makes me feel calmer knowing that" and having said this he walked towards the beach. You and Kongo watched the gem walk away, "He's changed a lot . . ." you said starting to collect the still intact arrows "You too" answered Kongo. You snorted throwing a broken arrow "Have I? I don't even know how was my character in the past . .I feel the same as before"

"Didn't you remember anything at all?"

"Not a thing. . . You know, I'm starting to wonder if I had a past in the first place. . ."

You stopped, kneeling in the ground "It's scary. . ." you said looking down with a frown "Not knowing anything about yourself" Kongo knelt by your side enveloping you in a hug "It must be"