036. anything for you

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

      ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  Wreak Havoc: Skylar Grey

"I can't come over tonight." Valerie says as I listen in while laying on the couch.

"Okay." Jim replies.

"I mean, that'd be three nights in a row. That'd almost make it a thing."

"The neighbors might talk."

"Exactly. And I have a dinner. It's not a date."

"None of my business."

"Uh-huh." Valerie hums and I quickly cross my arms before closing my eyes. "So...whatever happened with Tetch?" She speaks a little lower.

"I told you. He broke his sister out of the GCPD.
Brianna, Bullock and I chased him down. She died. He escaped." Jim informs.

"Cause I heard a rumor there's something strange about her blood."

"Do you like this?"

"I think I made that pretty clear."

"Then why are you pressing?" Jim places a blanket on me.

"Because I wanna know."

"Are you asking as a reporter or as yourself?"

"Is there a difference?"

"There should be."

"When you were a cop, did you stop being one when you came home?"

"Maybe that was my problem."

"Hmm. The guy I'm having dinner with is the hematologist in charge of analyzing Alice Tetch's blood. I'm free after ten if you wanna call. Thanks for the coffee." Valerie leaves.

"You better crash that dinner." I open my eyes. "We need at the information we can get." I turn on the tv.

"Okay." Jim sits next to me. "You alright?"

"I'm fine." I nod. "Dom is still sleeping?"

"Yeah." He nods. "What is it?"

"I have a weakness."

"What?" Jim furrows his eyebrows.

"Remember how I told you I was immune to meteor rock after getting shot with a bullet made from one?"

"Yeah."

"A while after getting my powers, whenever I was near meteor rock..."

"You couldn't do it." Jim realizes.

"Yeah." I whisper. "The meteor rocks block my powers. And when I glow them out, it hurts."

"It only hurts when you touch them, not when you're near them, right?"