019. good riddance.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

DARKSIDE: Neoni

"Brianna, it's Chloe." Chloe says from outside my bedroom door as I stare at the spider that bit me through the vial. "I'm coming in." I hear her open the door.

"It's late." I croak out as I keep my eyes on the spider.

"Clark told me about what happened." She sits next to me on the bed. "He thinks you're pushing him away because something happened in Gotham. He asked me if I knew anything and I said no."

"I didn't ask you to lie for me, Chloe."

"I know that. But I promised you I would keep your secret and to never tell a soul. And I will."

"You should go. Actually, you should just stay away from me. All of you should. It's better that way."

"No, it's not. Brianna, you're my friend. And I will not let you walk through this darkness alone. Neither will Miles, Selina and Lois. We're all worried about you."

"Don't be. I'm fine." I reply.

"I don't want you to do something stupid."

"Like what?" I scoff.

"I just don't want you to do something you'll regret."

"Don't worry, I won't."

"I wanna be here for you, Brianna. We all do." Chloe places her hand on my shoulder.

"Okay. I get it. Thank you. But, uh, I'm fine. I don't need your help." I get up and gently set the vial down on my desk.

"Everybody needs help sometimes, Brianna. Even Ghost." Chloe tells me and I thickly swallow before she leaves.

                     ──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

I stir in my sleep as cold sweat coats my face and my body. Ever since I broke up with Clark and turned in my badge, I've been questioning who I really am. Am I Ghost? Detective Brady? I don't know who I am anymore. And I can't just choose one because if I do, the other one will always more important. No matter who I choose to be, someone always gets hurt. Someone always dies. I was wrong. My powers are not a gift. It is only a curse.

"Cause that garbage...that sticks with you. Forever. Just like Captain Essen will. So, you can sit there and you can say that you're gonna kill me, but you won't. You failed. You failed as a leader, a friend, and most of all, Brianna, you failed as a daughter. Just give up. Give up, because you have already lost." Jerome's voice enters my head.