041. bride

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

          ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

   Don't Take Your Love Away from Me: VAST

"Hey." I feel Oliver place his hand on my shoulder as I lean against the counter with crossed arms while staring at the floor. "Brianna. Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I look up at him before Clark and Miles head down the stairs.

"If you wanna talk about-"

"I know. I'm fine." I rasp out. "It happened, move on."

"How are you and Scott?" Margo raises her eyebrows.

"We're good." I nod.

"Yeah, he better be." Oliver nods and I scoff.

"Oliver. Listen, you better watch out for Lois. She'll pin an apron on you and name you after some sort of fairy-tale character." Miles walks over with Clark.

"What's wrong?" Clark asks and Oliver looks at me.

"What?" I croak out.

"Lex is alive." Oliver tells me and my ears begin to ring, making me turn away.

"We were tracking a wireless ghost router he was using to bounce e-mails to Tess Mercer. If we can get our hands on that router, it'll tell us where the e-mails originated." Margo informs.

"It's not like Lex to leave a trail." Clark remarks.

"He's not leaving a trail. His routers pop up all over the globe. But every time I show up, all the hardware's missing." Oliver replies and I compose myself before turning back.

"You want me to race in there and grab the router the next time Lex sends an e-mail?" I cross my arms.

"That's right. Now, listen. Based on the previous pattern, I'm expecting one today. This means we could be hours away from locking that monster up for good."

"Okay." I nod.

"No, she can't do this today." Clark looks at me.

"I don't take orders from you."

"Your former boss just tried to kill you."

"He wasn't himself. He has the virus."

"Yeah, I'm aware. I was there."

"Wish you weren't!" I snap. "I'll get the router." I tell Oliver and Margo and start to walk.

"B." Miles warns.

"No." Clark says and I quickly pull away before he can grab my arm, now giving him a warning glare. "Don't touch me."

"Clark, what's your problem? You've given Lex, like, a hundred second chances." Oliver inquires.