074. hog day afternoon

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

           ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

     Rip My Heart Out: Maggie Lindemann

"I was raised to be a gentleman." Oswald says as I listen in from behind.

"But you're also practical. We were seen at dinner, as we have been the past three nights. All of Gotham knows you have the support of the Falcone family.
And I'm fairly certain no one's watching us now. I...I just...I just like to know where I stand." Sofia tells him.

"This isn't easy for me. To have someone I can trust.
A real friend."

"You can trust me." She nods. "Let's have lunch tomorrow, just us."

"Till then." Oswald shakes her hand before leaving.

"Have a nice dinner?" Dad steps out and I tighten my jaw.

"How long have you been here?" Sofia turns away from the fire.

"Long enough. It's time you tell me what you're planning."

"This again?"

"Ever since you've come to Gotham, all you've done is make Oswald stronger. It's time I know your end game."

"And if I refuse?"

"I'll put you on a train home."

"I wanna make you a promise. In a matter of days, I'll have Cobblepot in the palm of my hand. If I fail, I'll stay, I'll go, whatever you want." Sofia holds up a glass of whiskey.

"I don't drink anymore." Dad tells her.

"Right. Your son. Your daughter. How is Brianna anyway?"

"She's doing alright."

"I won't say she doesn't like me, but, when we first met, she looked kinda...troubled. Distracted."

"She's been through a lot. All the stuff I've been shielding Dom from, I should've done the same thing for her."

"Dominic is your son, right?"

"Yeah."

"I happen to read people very well. And Brianna's a fighter. She probably had many chances to walk away, but she didn't. She stayed and she fought. For you. And I like that in someone. Especially someone like her. How old is your son?"

"He'll be six in June."

                       •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"Hey." Dad greets as he walks over to me and Harvey.

"Hey." I reply and he cups the back of my head.