Chapter 47

The first few days back at the Potter residence for the Christmas holidays, had been exactly what Hallie needed. Euphemia and Monty were doing absolutely everything they could to make the girl feel more at home in their house, by letting her design her very own bedroom just across the hall from James'.

Yet the older couple were completely oblivious - the Potter's house had always been Hallie's home. In fact, Hallie considered the Potter's to be her absolute favourite people on the planet. Even in time, that would never change.

"I absolutely adore your house," Hallie sighed, watching as Euphemia busied herself about the kitchen. "Your house has so many photos of me and James, it should have been an art gallery!"

Euphemia's eyes crinkled as she smiled. "I love the pictures of baby you and James. You both look so small and tiny in all of them."

"Mum and Gen used to put me and Hallie in matching outfits," James said to Sirius, as he hopped up onto the kitchen counter. "I'm surprised you didn't tell people I was born a baby girl, given you used to dress me up like one."

"Oh I didn't dress you up like a girl," Euphemia teased, as James tried in feeble attempts to avoid his mum's outstretched arms. "You just had very feminine features, that's all darling."

"What's that even supposed to mean!" James screeched, as Sirius began laughing at the boy, reassuring him that his features were indeed very masculine now.

"Oh you know, you grew up with Hals after all James. Hallie loved to dress you up in all kinds of outfits," Mia smiled, as Hallie smirked at a mortified James Potter.

"James was my real life doll," Hallie told Sirius, who couldn't help but laugh at his best mates pure embarrassment. "He won't admit that he loved it."

"That's because I didn't!" James exclaimed in exasperation, throwing his head dramatically into his hands. "It was literal child abuse!"

"Hardly," Hallie scoffed. "If I remember correctly, your favourite outfit was the blue dress. Said it made you feel pretty."

"Did not!"

"Oh no, he adored that dress," Euphemia added, ignoring the glares James was sending her way. "I have a whole photo album upstairs full of just you in that blue dress James. It was so sweet! Hallie had a pink one to match." Euphemia turned towards Sirius, who looked like he was wetting himself from laughter. "Would you like to see the pictures Sirius?"

"Definitely."

"Absolutely not Mum!" James whined, as Euphemia sent the two teenagers a wink, ignoring the squandering nature of her son from behind her. She quickly whisked herself from the room, to retrieve the album.

"Brilliant. Well done Hals," James grimaced with a slow, melancholy clap. "Way to ruin my life."

"It's only Sirius," Hallie shrugged, sitting down beside Sirius, who was quick to throw an arm around her waist. "What's the worst he would do?"

"Uhhh, I don't know Hallie..." James pretended to ponder. "Steal the album; take the photos; stick them around school. He'll make me a laughing stock! Even worse, it will make Lily not want to go out with me!"

"So nothing will change then," Hallie added, causing James to grow annoyed at the two sniggering teenagers sat opposite him. "Honestly, you're so dramatic. Plus, Sirius wouldn't do that."

"Oh I so would," Sirius added, with a sly wink towards James. "Maybe that should be your 18th birthday present. A nice collage of baby James photos strung up around school."

"And the blue dress to match!" Hallie grinned, causing the two teens to fall into fits of giggles. "Don't forget James," Hallie added with a satisfied grin. "I know how to do dress sticking charms."