12. REALIZING

CHAPTER TWELVE: REALIZING

---

FIVE'S POV.

My whole body froze when Y/n told me that story, it must be so painful for her, getting rid of a dream of hers like that.

I'm waiting
I'm fading fast
I don't know how much longer I can last
I'm calling
Out to you
Come save me
Tell me what am I to do

I just wanted to hug her, tell her that I would always be there for her.

You're all that I am
And all that I want is you

"I'm so sorry about that" I said, and I actually did felt sorry, it must have being so painful for her.  

So take my hand
Pull me through
Deep inside your eyes
I finally found the truth

I tried to comfort the broken and fragile woman whose life I was supposed to destroy. How ironic was that? I could feel my heart breaking in two, listening to what Y/n was telling me.

So hold me close
Don't let me go
Cause a life without you is a world alone
A world alone

"I'm glad that I had Sloane and Jackie. I don't think I would have survive my childhood or life at the Academy if it wasn't for them" she looked back up at me. 

Well within me
Your pieces fit
Inside you
The chemicals between us mix

"Did your dad or Ben ever found out?" I asked and she shook her head "No. Never. Sloane and Jackie promised not to mention it. And we never had, not even when we were alone" she started rubbing her thumb on her index finger.

"I know that it wasn't baby and many people have lost their child in worse ways and this was my own decision, but it still hurt" she said "Of course" I said "I know that it's wrong asking you this but..." she let out a sigh.

"Did you think I made the right decision?" she asked "Well, sometimes we must take some difficult decisions to protect the people we love. And sometimes we might take some decisions that look wrong for others" I said and she looked back up at me. 

There's no more time
They've got me falling
But you've got me crawling
To prove

"You did what was best for the baby so yeah, you made the right decision" I said "Really?" she asked and I nodded "Yeah. I mean I would never have my kid grow up the same way I did, I would never have it had the same childhood as mine. All the pain. And if I couldn't give it up, knowing what my own dad would do to it. Then I rather choose what you choose, 'cause I think that is the easy way" I said "Yeah, that's what my heart tells me. For a heart never lie" she said and I tilted my head a little bit.