22. OPENING UP

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: OPENING UP

---

FIVE'S POV

I lead her to the small library off the main living room.

"So?" she asked looking around the place "Am I supposed to know who you truly are because of a library?" she asked.

"Well as you know my family is just like yours. We also have powers, same backstory. A dad being total asshole to us. Emotionel abused us. And for some reason my dad hates your family just like your dad hates mine" I explain and she nodded "I know that" she said "Well, I know that my dad want to find a way to destroy your family" I said.

I see your monsters
I see your pain
Tell me your problems
I'll chase them away

"Are you going to hurt me?" she asked and I shook my head "Of course not, never. I won't let anyone hurt you. I'll keep you safe Y/n. I promise" I said and she nodded.

"Y/n, you need to know something about me. I don't really have any friends. Or...romances. I just have my family, and I would do anything to protect them except betray and hurt you, because that's not who I wanna be. If this...if this is for real, we have to trust each other, because we're not our families" I said and she nodded. 

I'll be your lighthouse
I'll make it okay
When I see your monsters
I'll stand there so brave
And chase them all away

"And there's one thing I want to show you" I said "What?" she asked.

I then used my powers, I blink behind her so my eyes were now facing her back as I leaned against the wall and she quickly moved her body and turned to face me now.

In the dark we, we, we stand apart
We, we never see that the things we need
Are staring right at us

"You can teleport?" she asked "Teleport, jump, blink, that is what you call it. But I can also time travel, not that good. But that's not the only thing" I said before I grabbed her hand "I don't look the way I do, Y/n. I'm not actually 18. I'm actually 40. I attempted to time-travel and got stuck in the future and found out there was an apocalypse that killed the whole planet" I explain and I could see her standing there wanted me to tell me more.

You just wanna hide, hide, hide
Never show your smile, smile
Stand alone when you need someone
It's the hardest thing of all

"There was this one time, it was horrible and I regret doing it all, I wanted to time travel. When I was 13, I asked my dad to practice time traveling. And my father told me I wasn't ready, and I guess he was right. But being the stubborn and irresponsible kid I was back then, I wouldn't take no for an answer. So I got mad and ran out. I jumped forwards to spring, to summer, to winter and then-poof-the post apocalypse future" I said before I sighed "God. It has being years ago, but I can still hear his voice, saying 'I told you so'" I said before I let out a chuckled "Woah, I didn't knew that. I'm sorry" she said as she looked at me and I could see that she was actually sorry.