Chapter 96: Premonition

"So he rejected her, like I said he would, and you're calling me because...?"

Karuizawa has suddenly called me out of the blue in the middle of a walk of mine, her reasoning was apparently that she wasn't doing anything at the moment, and wanted to follow up on the stakeout I'd helped prepare her for.

Well, she wouldn't be watching for long, but I made sure to make it so she would remain undetected by Ayanokoji, though she admitted to having ended up showing herself to him after Sato left.

I lifted a hand as the wind swished by.

"I told you already that it's because he's being mean! He was also mean to Sato-chan! I'm telling you to tell him to lighten up some more."

"...It doesn't work like that."

"Well make it wo-! Ah, are you outside?"

"Yes, I am currently going for a stroll."

"So you're not even? Ah mou! Fine the- huh? He's here? Alright, I have to go."

And then she hung up the phone.

A tick mark appeared on my face as I gripped the cellular device in my hand.

The brass of that damn gyaru.

I let out a calming breath of air.

Fine, it's whatever.

I have something important to do anyways.

To put it simply, I received a call, and was asked to meet someone at the school.

Amazing right?

Identity, unknown, though I could have figured it out if I wanted to.

They were asking me about Nagumo too, so I was intrigued, and ended up agreeing.

I rose a brow in interest as I saw some people talking up ahead.

One of them noticed me, and waved, beckoning me over.

That must be the man who called me.

I carefully observed him as I walked closer, recognizing him to be the current Vice-President of the student council.

As I walked closer, a small smirk fell on my face as I noticed Ayanokoji and Karuizawa as well, the latter of the two looking at me with some worry the moment she saw my look.

"Why hello there Karuizawa-chan."

She shivered.

"Let's try to be a bit more respectful when you call me to tell me to do something, no? Also, it is important to make sure you properly say goodbye before ending a call."

Karuizawa smiled nervously, and looked over at Ayanokoji.

"Uh, help?"

He, in turn, looked at me, and I only smiled back.

"Ahem."

Before we could continue, the Vice-President made a sound, catching our attention.

"It appears you've finally made it, in that case, I'd like to get this done quickly." He stated.

"Why of course Kiriyama-kun, what would you like to tell us? Go ahead."

He put his hands into the pockets of the jacket he was wearing, staring at us with slight anger as he spoke.

"In the first place, Nagumo and I never saw things eye to eye. The fact that I joined the student council too, was because I idolized Horikita-senpai. He was a senpai who was also from class A, as for me, I am no longer class A though."