Chapter 9: Theory Confirmed

Hashigaki didn't utter a word, no matter how persistent I was.

We were being observed.

I've confirmed this as a fact.

In each of our classes, taking out P.E.. We are being recorded.

A small, barely able to see camera, hidden in a secret place in the classroom.

In our home room class with Chabashira-sensei, as well as for our ordinary class with her, the class that we are usually always in.

It's by the front.

At the front left corner of the class, there is a small bookshelf containing things like textbooks for our various classes.

One of the textbooks has a camera on it, so small it could be mistaken as a speck of dirt.

What's more, the camera was placed on the textbook dedicated to the teacher of that class.

It's because we were being observed that I've picked up a hobby.

Walking.

I know I know, not much of a hobby, but it's the reason I'm walking that is the important part.

Something strange I've noticed is that practically everywhere on campus there is a camera recording the general area, meaning everywhere we are allowed to go we are being observed.

But here's the thing, there are some places which deliberately don't have cameras.

For example, the Special building on school grounds? There's a camera on the first floor, but not the second.

The rooftop of the school? There's a camera in each part of the school, including the stairwell going directly up to the rooftop, but not the roof itself.

They, the school that is, are deliberately setting up places which have no cameras to allow students to do shady things.

But why? There are no guns or drugs on campus, and they only allow teachers to have cigarettes.

The answer, or at least what I think is the answer, came to me after some thought.

They are opportunity spots.

Someone can accuse another person of doing another thing, or perhaps beat something out of a person without there being any evidence it was them.

In other words, it's the perfect place to extract information.

I'd checked the dorms as well, the only places they have cameras are in the main lobby.

I looked at the time, it was currently 10:32pm.

In other words, most stores would be closing up by now.

Which means any students out late at night would be just returning to the dorms.

I let out a breath, reminding myself I was only doing this for the greater good of my class, before slipping on a Kitsune mask, as well as putting up a hood to cover my hair.

I peered out from my door, checking the halls to make sure nobody was there, before exiting my room, quickly closing the door.

I jogged down to the staircase, ignoring the elevator, and quickly ran down them.

Before I made it to the main lobby, I calmed down, slowing my breathing.

In the event a case was opened, if they saw I was breathing heavily, they'd be able to guess I was on one of the higher floors.