Chapter 64: Zodiac Exam, Finale!

I sighed, looking down at Yamamura and Motodoi.

Yamamura was gritting her teeth, her hands were clenched into fists, and she looked on the verge of tears, a colourful mixture of negative emotions painting her face.

Motodoi was slumped back in her chair, staring wide-eyed at me as I stood, bringing a hand up to push away some hair that was coming down in front of my face.

"Subtracting what you managed to scrape from me, I believe that's one hundred and forty-five thousand points Yamamura-chan owes me, while Motodoi-chan owes me one hundred and twelve thousand."

Kito kept silent, silently glancing between me and them.

I'd told him to stay out, and not interfere, and luckily for him he decided to abide.

Slowly, Yamamura managed to raise her head, tears threatening to spill as she looked up at me.

"H-how? We just came up with that... last night."

I put my hands down on the table, leaning over it.

"You're too easy to read." I spoke coldly.

She shivered, quickly looking back down.

I gripped my fists as I stood up straight again.

I did it again.

It became too easy.

There was no point in even trying by the second hand, it was just too simple.

Well... this is to be expected.

Until I busy myself with a real challenge, everything I do will seem that much more boring.

Unless it had something to do with Sakayanagi, or the few, true friends I've made.

Thinking back, I can only think of seven people total I actually consider myself close to, and as a friend.

Kiryuin, because she sees me as I am, and treats me the same as others regardless.

Hashigaki, because I am somewhat indebted to her, and she doesn't care about the fact that I'm hiding my true strength, she just enjoys my company, and in truth, I enjoy hers.

Kushida, regardless of how I manipulated her, I looked some more into her past. She deserves a happy life, and I can't deny the feelings I once... no, I still have some feelings for her, but that changes nothing right now. She deserves better.

Horikita, despite her claims she still cares, and I've realized she's come to see me as more than an important ally, but also a friend she wants to protect.

Onodera, that little bundle of joy was probably my first true friend here after Ayanokoji, she's simply a pleasure to be around, and acts like a little sister to me.

Sakayangi, of course.

And finally Ayanokoji, he simply understands me the way I understand him, there's no other way to put it.

"Shizukana."

"Yes?"

I looked at Motodoi, who was still staring at me.

"We never stood a chance, did we?"

"I believe that's something you should figure out on your own."

"I see."

Hm, so she noticed.

She's better than she looks, but is still pretty weak.

She can tell simply from looking into my eyes, but I didn't bother hiding it that time.