Chapter 17: Social Anxiety

What. The. Hell.

What am I reading in this chat right now?

What's more, since when did Sudo have friends from other classes that would actually do favours for him?

Ike, Yamauchi, Sudo and their little group of guys kept talking to each other through the group chat the whole time I was out at Pallet with Kiryuin.

Apparently Sudo got one of his friends, probably someone he became buddy-buddy with over Basketball, to spy on me.

How annoying.

I never noticed because of how nervous I was.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Kiryuin did notice, but said nothing about it.

I suddenly blushed red in embarrassment. Don't tell me she was doing those things specifically because we were being watched?

Some of these chats made my face go even more red.

Apparently the guy sent a picture to Sudo, who immediately sent it into the group chat, and it was a very clear, almost perfect picture of the beautiful girl Kiryuin Fuka, with me sitting right across from her.

Almost everybody thought it was a joke, which definitely hurt a little.

"It's not polite to stalk another person."

That was all I typed into the chat, before shoving my phone into my pocket.

I sighed, flopping onto my bed.

It's not even 6, and I'm exhausted.

As much as I wanted to just sleep, and forget about the troubles tomorrow will bring, I had too much to do.

I got up, going through each of the different cameras I'd set up.

Absolutely nothing.

I guess it makes sense, it's still pretty much the beginning of the school year.

Only crazy people would think of doing something in these spots so early into the school year.

Mhm mhm.

I'm crazy.

Oh.

I forgot.

I checked my direct messages for any from Hirata, and smiled as I saw a recorded video he sent me.

I played it, before going back to look at the camera recordings.

Unfortunately, there wasn't really a lot to it. It was mostly just Hirata, with Kushida's help, drilling into the class what needed to be done.

He also made sure to play off the points I'd made during the morning.

"We know for sure that there will be opportunities to gain points going forward. But those same opportunities we could lose points at. The only thing we can do now is try and make sure that nobody fails this midterm, because we'll need everyone's cooperation if we want to even think of getting more points. This includes those that aren't very studious."

The only thing that really happened after that was plans being put in place to make study groups, but nothing was quite ironed out yet.

It's likely we'll talk about it more soon.

The recording ended soon after that, and I sighed.

It's not really all bad that I missed it.

I heard a knock at my door, and looked back at it in curiosity.