Chapter 39: Long Day

"I'm realizing something. Yesterday, I ran across someone who wanted to learn more about the case between our class and class C. She explained to me that her teacher told her and her class that the losing class would lose class points, but doesn't know much else."

I tilted my head.

"And?"

"I'm realizing that our teacher kept that information from us, and yet it didn't come as a surprise when this student informed me of the class points. After looking back, I realized that you were the one who made sure everyone in class knew that we would lose class points if we lost this case, how did you know?"

I smiled up at Horikita.

"Do you want the truth, or a lie? Because you may not believe the truth. Not to m-mention, you can't repeat my words to anyone, not a single soul, okay?"

She nodded.

"I want the truth."

I pointed across the class.

"You remember what's there right?"

"Yes? It a camera."

"Correct, now, some cameras can pick up audio, and there was actually a store s-selling these specifically small cameras, which I bought out."

"What is the point?"

"I bugged our teacher."

She was quiet, staring at me like I was a madman.

"Pardon?"

"I bugged our teacher."

"No, I heard you, but, how? How has she not discovered yet? Is it still on her?"

"No, of course she hasn't, otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep e-extracting information she's trying to keep hidden from us. As for the other questions. I did it when she called me down once, because I was suspicious of h-her behaviour. The reason she hasn't discovered yet is because the area I placed it is not a place that it can be messed with. Now, let me ask you a question. Does sensei d-dress differently each day?"

"No, but she washes her clothes, the bug would be lost, wouldn't it be?"

"That's right, however, what's the one thing on her she wouldn't wash? T-think hard."

She took on a confused expression, thinking of our sensei.

"It can't be anywhere on her actual body, and it can't be on that purple hair band."

She shook her head.

"I don't know."

"Her shoes. Haven't you noticed she always wears high heels?"

"Huh? But how? It's clear she at least shines them."

"It's high heels, is there not a place to stick it on the underside of the footwear? Somewhere s-she wouldn't shine, and somewhere it wouldn't break by being stepped on?"

"You... wow."

To my surprise, she let out a small sigh, that almost sounded like a laugh, and had a small smile on her face as well.

"Eh?"

I heard some confused noises around me as they all clearly saw me manage to bring a small smile to Horikita's face.

"Thank you for telling me."

She returned back to her desk.

Classes were about to start, and the class was loud.

However, that changed as someone walked into the room, covered in bruises and bandages.

It was Sudo.

He was quiet as he moved to his desk, not bothering to speak to anybody as he sat down in it, and put his chin down on the desk, in his arms, keeping his eyes open.