Chapter 43: The Start Of Summer

I took a deep breath in, the salty breeze stinging wonderfully against my face as I gladly closed my eyes, exhaling.

Here we are, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Summer break has come.

This is paradise.

Standing upon the luxury lined deck of the cruise ship, I enjoyed the sound of the waves crashing against the metal below.

It was a two week luxurious trip, on a cruise with luxury lining.

No expense was bared, and most of my class was up on the main deck, talking loudly and cheerfully.

As for me? I preferred this area where I am.

It was calm over here.

And calm is what I needed.

The moment I had gotten back to school, it was like I became a star, apparently there were thousands of requests to interview me sent to the school, all of which denied, since I'm going on vacation.

Ike got to showcase my trophy under my supervision, and more people outside of my own class have approached me to talk, being friendly.

It was nice.

Although, I must admit that it's a bit overwhelming.

Not only outside of the school, but members of the school board would congratulate me, and talk to me about how this was the first gold trophy that had been earned from Japan's Nationals in Archery.

And as for Hashigaki, she actually got over it fairly quickly, feeling more determined than ever to improve herself for her future.

Speaking of, I'd heard she actually got scouted for a college to help train her in Archery.

And then there's one final thing.

The student council.

I had to have a talk with them, since after Hashigaki graduates, the responsibilities of the club will land solely on me.

The person that I had spoken to regarding those responsibilities had a strange mood though, for some reason, I felt passively on guard around him.

What was his name again? Nagomu? Something like that.

I sighed, opening my eyes.

Well, I should take as much time as possible laying back and relaxing, especially since everything on this high-class cruise is free.

Not to mention, I'm sure of it, that there will be a special exam during this trip.

Although, it's impossible for me to prepare, we could only bring with us necessities.

And there's no point preparing for something when you have no idea what it could be.

I heard some footsteps behind me, and smiled.

"This is quite a beautiful scene, isn't it? It'd be a shame to spoil the air here with smoke."

The footsteps stopped beside me, and I glanced to my right to see Chiyabashira-sensei lean on the rail, using one hand to smoke her cigarette.

"It's come to my attention I never formally congratulated you, for winning in that tournament."

"Thank you sensei, you're too kind."

She sighed, looking out at the vast ocean, an island starting to come into vision far away.

"Hey, I've got a request."

"Go ahead."

She looked over at me.

"How are you... you?"