Ball Boy (🏐)

Sick/Sad : Hinata
Caregiver : Mostly Tsuki, also Ushi, Kunimi and Goshi

Mention of panic/anxiety and thoughts of worthlessness.

×

When Hinata heard the news that Kageyama was picked to be part of the Japan Training Camp, he was jealous and mad.

Hinata thought that out of everyone, he had grown so much, he thought the team wouldn't be there unless he was there. Though Hinata knew that wasn't true.

Then Tsuki was picked for another rookie Training Camp, Hinata couldn't help but feel, well upset. He wanted to do more, learn more, and get better.

Hinata was at the store when he overheard Tsuki and Tadashi.

" No, I'd be arrested. "

Tadashi said to Tsuki as they talked about sneaking into the Japan Camp.

Hinata thought about those words. He knew he couldn't go to the Japan Camp since he'd be arrested, but who's to stop him from sneaking into the other camp?

So...

That's what he did!

Hinata stood there looking proud as everyone else looked at him in determination. They all had a hunger to fight the number 10 who had defeated almost all of them there.

" Eh, you weren't invited. "

" What is wrong with you?! Why did you come here? "

Tsuki asked with a pissed look on his face.

" I didn't want to be arrested. "

Hinata said.

" You stupid idiot! That's... your stupid! "

Tsuki could barely form proper words, Hinata's reasoning for coming made absolutely no sense to him. Well, of course, Tsukishima could never really make much sense of Hinata.

" What were you thinking ginger?! "

Coach Ukai spoke over the phone as Hinata just listened. He didn't have any explanation.

" Hinata... "

Hinata heard Takeda's voice and freaked.

" I'm sorry! "

Hinata bowed his head, smacking it hard on the desk in front of him.

" I want to get stronger... it's not that, I don't think I'll do good at Karasuno, I just.. want to watch the strong players! "

Hinata explained.

Washijo, the coach of Shiratorizawa, took the phone from Hinata's hand.

" I could always use another ball boy. "

With that, Hinata was determined to learn what he could while he was here.

" I sense no worth in you without that Kageyama kid. "

Washijo made it clear that Hinata had no strengths without Kageyama. That pissed Hinata off. He wanted to prove that he didn't need Kageyama to fight.

" I'm Shoyo Hinata, 164 cm tall, and I'm playing the position of Ball boy!! "

Hinata introduced himself to the camp, determined to make himself known.

So Hinata was in charge of picking up the stray balls that went out of the court. He had to keep up with every one of the balls, having help from a few other ball boys too.

Hinata got so distracted and excited when he heard Washijo mention spiking drills. He ran to the wrong side of the court.

" Other side! "