S3 - 6. [You, Me, and Them]

It hadn't been very long since they'd reconnected, but Katsuki found that he had become closer with Teskai than any of his friends.

Katsuki had hit a dead end in his search for information on Department K, his leads running cold and his frustration mounting with each passing day. He knew he needed help, someone with the skills and connections to navigate the shadowy underworld of mercenaries and criminals.

That's when he remembered Teskai, a former classmate from his middle school days who had drifted into the world of underground dealings and shady enterprises. They hadn't spoken in years, but Katsuki was sure that the boy could be of help.

He set out to track down his old acquaintance, scouring the city's seedy underbelly for any trace of Teskai's whereabouts. It wasn't long before he caught wind of rumors circulating among the criminal underworld, whispers of a skilled hacker and information broker operating under the name 'Teskai'. What an idiot, using his real name.

Following the trail, Katsuki eventually found himself standing outside Teskai's apartment, his heart pounding with anticipation. He hesitated for a moment, uncertainty gnawing at the edges of his resolve, but he knew that he had come too far to turn back now.

He'd come dressed in civilian clothing. Easier to recognize, sure, but in this case, that's what he was hoping for.

Taking a deep breath, Katsuki raised his hand and rapped sharply on the door, the sound echoing through the dimly lit hallway. Moments later, the door swung open, revealing Teskai standing on the other side, a surprised expression on his face.

"Bakugou? Is that really you?" Teskai exclaimed, his eyes widening with recognition as he took in the sight of his old friend standing before him.

Katsuki nodded, a sense of relief washing over him as he was ushered into the apartment, the weight of his burdens suddenly feeling a little lighter. "Yeah, dumbass" He replied.

As he settled into Teskai's apartment, the atmosphere was thick with anticipation. His gaze lingered on the monitors displaying the empty home screens of endless possibilities. His expression was grave, his mind racing with memories of his encounters with the organization's operatives.

"You ever heard of Department K?" He suddenly blurted out.

"Bakugou," Teskai glanced around nervously, his voice low. "I've had my run-ins with Department K in the past. They're not just anyone. What's this gotta do with you?"

Katsuki's eyebrows furrowed as he turned to face Teskai. "You keep secrets, obviously, so keep this one close. I'm one'a the experiments''

The boy's eyes widened. "You... They... What?"

Katsuki sighed, his gaze distant as he recounted the events that had led him to cross paths with Department K. Teskai's eyes were wide as he listened, fully absorbed in everything he said.

"A while back, I stumbled onto something. Something big," He admitted after Katsuki had finished, his voice tinged with bitterness. "I was digging into a case, tryna expose some corrupt officials for a job, when I uncovered a link to Department K"

As Teskai spoke, his hands clenched into fists at his sides. "They tried to silence me, to make sure that I couldn't expose the truth," he continued. "But I managed to slip through their fingers, and ever since then, I've been biding my time, waiting for the right moment to strike back"

Katsuki listened in stunned silence as Teskai revealed the extent of his involvement with Department K, his heart heavy with sympathy for his friend's plight.

"But now that we're in this together, we can make shit right; bring down these bastards and make sure that no one else has to suffer. You're the brains, I'll be the brawn"

Teskai nodded in agreement before snorting. "Weren't you supposed to be the brains?"

"I can't hack for shit, and are you willing to get your hands dirty? I already have"

The boy swallowed, "Ye- Yeah no, I'll leave that to you"

Katsuki grinned. Perfect.

Word Count: 705

Unrelated to this chapter/season, but I want to add some things. Wattpad has a history of taking down stories with what I want to add (even if it's the antagonist and totally the bad guy) so I'll refrain for now