The Weak Hashira Tanjiro × reader part 3

"Y/n and Sarah lived in a relatively poor village, and she was sick often even from birth. It was hard for her parents to deal with her, so as a last resort, they tried killing her multiple times. But her sister did everything she could to keep her alive. When she found out her parents were going to drown her in the lake she interviewed but it cost her life. A demon came and asked her if she wanted to protect her sister, and of course, she said yes. She killed her parents, and somehow, she fused with her sister. When I found her, she had no memories, but her name. Fast forward to a mission I was on.

Y/n passed out and was no longer able to fight, but when I almost died, her sister woke up inside her and saved my life. She explained to me what happened but also told me that the only reason she even bothered to save me was because Y/n cared about me. So she also cared. We sat for a while after she bandaged me up and explained she was probably the only thing keeping her sister alive and asked me not to say anything unless she turned evil, and I agreed.

Then she saved Rengoku from certain death because her sister cared deeply for him. Any time Y/n passed out during battle or was close to getting killed, she took over to protect her. I had a bad feeling when I realized Y/n was not getting stronger no matter how hard she practiced. Y/n was a good demon slayer, but her sister's powers slowly stopped healing her, so she was getting sicker more often.  She never could unleash her powers like she used to because her body was giving out. It was only a matter of time before Y/n passed, and I couldn't find anything to fix this. Her sister was willing to die for Y/n, but there was nothing I could find that would keep them together," he said.

"I wouldn't have been so hard on her if you would have told me!" Genya yelled.

"Her sister was a demon, and there was no way of testing her without risking Y/N's life. She was willing to die for her sister, and that was good enough for me," he said.

Tanjiro was quiet and heartbroken. He deeply cared about you and forced you to go on a mission with him. Henya wouldn't have been rough with you, and maybe you would have been fine, but now your sister was trying to save your life. He couldn't imagine what you went through, but it explained why you were so scared of being underwater without preparing yourself. Everything started to make sense to him.

"This is all your fault!" Genya yelled as he stormed off to his room.

"I need to check on them," he said as he saw Y/ns room covered up with your sister's clothes.

He touched your sister's clothes, and the wrapping opened up for him. Your sister was holding you like a baby since you were so weak. Also, since you were small to begin with.

"She's not getting better....," she said as tears were running down her face.

"I'm sorry. Is there anything you need?" Tokito asked as she looked at him sadly.

"What I need you can't give me. I wish I was never born; if I hadn't, she would be healthy and loved. No one ever loved her like I did. Why couldn't everyone be nice to her and care about her like I do?" She asked as he put his hands on her shoulders.

"We will go to the butterfly mansion in the morning. The demon that attacked your sister was the target for Tanjiro," he said.

"Did you have a demon to kill here?" She asked.

"No, I just wanted to make sure you both were okay. I know what it's like to lose a twin. I wanted to be there for when you lost your sister," he said she smiled.

"Thank you, that means a lot to me, to us," she said as Genya tried getting into your room, but she put you back in your bed and grew large. She towered over him and growled at him.

"I want to -" he paused.

"She's not well. She hasn't spoken in a while. You are not allowed to go near her, and if you touch her, I will kill you. I don't care if I live or die anymore. Your words mean nothing because you are only saying it now due to feeling responsible for her. I don't know why she ever cared about you. Even after you pushed her into the water, she was willing to apologize to you for saying what she said. I hope you live with that for the rest of your life," she hissed.

He didn't know what to say he was angry at both of you, but she was right he had his chance, but he never apologized to her for anything he did to her. No one ever did because she was weak all the time. The next day, a box was made for your twin; Sarah and Tokito carried her while Tanjiro wanted to carry you even though he had his sister on his back.

It was really hard for him to lose you because he did like you a lot. You were sad all the time, though, and he wanted you to see that it wasn't so bad out there. He could always see the sadness behind your smile, but he didn't mind it because, like Tokito, you had no real memory of your past, and he thought you were also missing someone without realizing it. You were, it was your sister even though she had been with you the whole time.

When they made it to the mansion, it was hard for the butterfly girls to make the room dark enough for your twin to stay with them, but what was even harder was for anyone to go near them. Even some of the girls weren't allowed to go near you because they talked behind your back, and you heard it. Tanjiro stayed in your room since your sister was not allowing anyone in there.

"You know you always made her so happy," your sister said after a short while.

"I did?" He asked.

"Yeah, you, Inosuke, Zenitsu, and your sister. She loved you all so much, of course, Rengoku and Tokito, too. But the thing was, you made her want to get healthy so she could be with a guy one day. But she knew she was never going to have that life due to her being so sick. No one would want a sick wife. She liked you most of all, while I fell in love with Tokito she fell in love with you. It was funny when she thought about your lives together or when she would go crazy for you, but once my powers stopped fixing her. She gave up on everything. Never even gave herself a chance to be happy. She was going to set you up with one of the butterfly girls, honestly. She wanted you to be happy," she said weakly.

Tanjiro was shocked and heartbroken that you never said anything to anyone about having a crush on him. You were willing to die alone because you didn't think anyone would care if you lived or died, but he did.

"I won't let your sister die," Tanjiro said as he was going to read every medical book there was here.

"No one has been able to figure out what is wrong with her. Plus, if it was something human, then I would have fixed it," she said.

"Unless you couldn't do it anymore. She wasn't sick as often, but your powers weakened, and you two separated," he said.

"If you could find out what was wrong with her, I would be grateful," your sister said as he smiled and went to read all the books he could.